pond outing - Onion Pub part II

Ron Grand has again lined up access to a private pond for largemouth & bluegill. This outing will start at 7am & conclude by 11, followed by lunch at the owners restaurant at this site. Permission is limited, so contact Ron G if you are coming. Location northwest suburbs, pond good size, good shoreline access, catch & release. Rain date 9/20. RSVP by pm to Ron G.

John, thanks for the post. Please note that people should respond to RonG, not Ron G (with a space). I know it's confusing, but such is our naming system. So please, again, direct PM's to RonG (with no space). Those who battled the rain at our June outing had a great time. We'll hope for good weather on Saturday, Sept. 19th, but, if it looks like a washout, we have the ok from The Onion Pub to reschedule for Sunday, the 20th. So let me know if you can make it and keep in touch as the day approaches. Thanks and hope to see a good turnout.

RonG

Ron Grand has again lined up access to a private pond for largemouth & bluegill. This outing will start at 7am & conclude by 11, followed by lunch at the owners restaurant at this site. Permission is limited, so contact Ron G if you are coming. Location northwest suburbs, pond good size, good shoreline access, catch & release. Rain date 9/20. RSVP by pm to Ron G.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything is set for tomorrow at the Onion Pub in Barrington. There is still room for some late-comers, so just let me know. The fishing time is from 7 - 11 AM, but you can come anytime after 7 since we are staying in one location. The Onion Pub opens at 11 for lunch, so we will have a reserved long table for that. Some of us will be tasting their excellent beer, but feel free to bring along younger family fisherpeople. You can contact me at 847-271-3369.

My apologies to the other event organizers for leapfrogging their forum events by making this post. I wish there were some other way of having multiple events in this forum without "stepping" on the other events every time a new post is made. I hope the turnout is good for all the events planned for tomorrow.

RonG

A congenial group showed up early at the Onion Pub in Barrington for some private pond fishing. The steam was rising off the water when we arrived, but quickly burned off and turned into a beautiful day. It took a while to figure out what the bass wanted, but several small to medium size ones were eventually caught. The largest was 15 1/2". Afterwards we enjoyed some libations and lunch on the beautiful terrace by the waterfall. Great place, great day.

RonG

Pics: Smoke on the Water

Steve on the Water

Beer and some Water