Ultimate Worm

Mike G

Guest airbornemike

I was just watch'n the saturday morning "pro's" and wondering how the heck can I tye somth'n weedless on a large worm hook? Does the chenile hold the hook point?

Guest rich mc

the ultimate worm is a hybrid of the wonder worm. its tied ona worm hook with all the tie in points on the flat part by the hook eye.non-lead wire is wrapped on the bottom shank and gices it a nice wobble. . instructions are put hook in vise with the point side UP. add wire wraps and cover with thread wraps. take a 4 inch bohemian chenille and melt the tail. tie at the hook eye. take another chennile section about 8 inches and tie top of the first material. place the tail section on the inside of the hook and vise having the tail placed straight back just below the barb. take the second piece and place on the far side of the hook and vise , hold it with hackle piers just down the bend from the barb. wrap 5-6 time backaround the tail section and then wrap forward 4-5 time .. when you get to the hook go under the chenille around the hook andthen wrapp over the two front section all the way the hook eye and tie off. chenille should hold on the hook bend in a wedles fashion and will slide down when you set the hook . . this is similar to craigs receding hare worm which will probably be in next years fly tyer! rich

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's trouble with the English language, but what I think I need is a nice video of Rich showing how he ties this thing. I read the words, but I'm not sure I could ever tie it to look anything like the picture. Of course, as a lefty, I reverse everything anyway.

Maybe it's trouble with the English language, but what I think I need is a nice video of Rich showing how he ties this thing. I read the words, but I'm not sure I could ever tie it to look anything like the picture. Of course, as a lefty, I reverse everything anyway.

Rich should do house calls and charge you accordingly :lol:

All you need is on page 15 of the Sept/Oct 2008 Bulletin-Flies of the ISA-Wonderworm. :rolleyes: Probably in the archives if you do not have the issue.