Apple River Thesis Paper

I did a telephone interview with Kate (Kathryn) some time ago to help with her thesis paper on the Apple River "Traditions" Dairy (CAFO).

Kate did a great job on this, and her research was exhaustive!

A great ISA mention as well (Pages 16-17), though some of the info attributed to me is incorrect.

That's OK- still a great piece.

Here it is:

I did a telephone interview with Kate (Kathryn) some time ago to help with her thesis paper on the Apple River "Traditions" Dairy (CAFO).

Kate did a great job on this, and her research was exhaustive!

A great ISA mention as well (Pages 16-17), though some of the info attributed to me is incorrect.

That's OK- still a great piece.

Here it is:

I finally got around to skimming this paper....very interesting and seemingly well-written (not addressing it's quality as a thesis, about which I have almost no knowledge). It was interesting to see the names I recognized from the Bellflower Dairy battles, including Terry Feldmann, the engineer for Bos, and the ever-present Warren Goetsch, who never saw a CAFO he didn't like and approve.

The issues are also similar to those arising around Lake Bloomington at the present time, as the City is drilling to see if they can place wells to use to dilute nitrogen-heavy water in the lake. They are concerned with what the subterrane structure is and how it will affect family wells if they drill large deep wells.