Stealth Fly

Mike G

MyStealth.jpg

#4 hook about 3" long.

This is my take on Kent Edmonds Stealth fly. Though I thought one of Rich's chenille worms would be the ticket this year, this one has turned out to be my best producer. When I first saw the pattern, it looked like a great alternative to a spun hair diver. Even Bob Clouser prefers foam to time consuming spun hair bugs. ("I would rather spent the time fishing.") It dives on the strip and wobbles to the surface which action LM bass up to 17" seem to like. Smallies should like it too.

For clear instructions and more variations, see:

http://www.flyfishga.com/stealth.htm

Looks great Mike. I've been trying my hand at spinning hair and it is time consuming. My results have been okay - good thing is the bass seem to like them. I have had the best results with a loosely tied head (by default :lol: ). The divers I have tied tend to suspend more than float, much like a Fluke. I have been fishing a rabbit strip diver all season and it has been my confidence fly. However, they do have their limitations. I definitely need to get better with the subsurface patterns.

• 1 month later...