Hurricane IKE's Remnants: Effects in Illinois

Mike Clifford

What is it like in your neck 'o the woods?

After 6 inches of rain in 12 hours, Northern Illinois is experiencing massive flooding, particularly in the Western suburbs of Chicago. Video was taken on the Route 38 Fox River Bridge in downtown Geneva, Illinois, of the hardest hit areas. These rains set a new Chicago record for rain in one day. Hurricane Ike is expected to batter the region today (Sunday) with another 4-6 inches of rain.

St. Charles- 9/13

Geneva Dam

Franklin Park

Park Ridge

Mill Creek

Eldridge Park Canoe Launch- Salt Creek

Take some photos I can use in the newsletter as well. Not to be picky, but the remnants of hurricane Ike are just getting here now! The rain we got yesterday was from a storm that started in the Pacific Ocean.

Funny you should say this-

My wife and I argued about just that a half hour ago.

You are both right, I looked it up.

IKE has just begun to show us what he has to offer.

FYI- it's been POUNDING down rain since at least 4 a.m. when I got up.

Hasn't let up for one minute.

I'm taking a ride to look at some houses we're considering buying not far from the Kankakee River.

For those in the market for homes near ANY kind of water....this is the time to get a good look at them.

If a garage, basement or street is going to flood- today is that day.

Here is what Rock Creek looks like today, standing on the foot bridge in the State Park.

100_2163-1.jpg

I have more photos and video from this spot, and various others, but I'm having major difficulties getting them out of my camera with Kodak Easy Share blah blah....

I just upgraded it online, but it still sends error messages during the process that shuts it down. Anything Kodak is the last method I care to use, but the options are few for the moment.

Have a SanDisk uploader, but need to find the disc to re-upload that software too.

Still clawing my way out of the stone age from my complete overhaul due to one bad click a few months ago that caused me to start from scratch with Windows XP Zero.

You ain't lived until you've erased 7 years of data and documents on your hard drive and started from scratch.

Here is what Rock Creek looks like today, standing on the foot bridge in the State Park.

100_2163-1.jpg

I have more photos and video from this spot, and various others, but I'm having major difficulties getting them out of my camera with Kodak Easy Share blah blah....

I just upgraded it online, but it still sends error messages during the process that shuts it down. Anything Kodak is the last method I care to use, but the options are few for the moment.

Have a SanDisk uploader, but need to find the disc to re-upload that software too.

Still clawing my way out of the stone age from my complete overhaul due to one bad click a few months ago that caused me to start from scratch with Windows XP Zero.

You ain't lived until you've erased 7 years of data and documents on your hard drive and started from scratch.

On my PC at work, I use a card reader and manually move the files from the card to a folder. No need to get any photo software involved. That way I know where they go, no confusing subfolders, etc.!

At home I have a Mac - never any problems.

On my PC at work, I use a card reader and manually move the files from the card to a folder. No need to get any photo software involved. That way I know where they go, no confusing subfolders, etc.!

At home I have a Mac - never any problems.

That's what the SanDisk is.

Just need to find the installation cd again....will look harder tonight.

Here is some video at Rock Creek, and another view looking upstream.

VIDEO- (Turn up the speakers)

Looking upstream-

100_2164.jpg

Walking toward the mouth of the creek from the parking lot side wasn't an option.

It is entirely into the forest.

000_0014.jpg

Lucked out here. I headed south from Indy and got into a serious bite. Was it just the top of Illinois or did the whole state get slammed top to bottom?

That wind storm sure did get the fish hungry, I ended with my second best day of the year with 53 and plenty of size to boot.

A popular shore fishing spot in Naperville is Weigand Riverfront Park. Here's a picture looking from Washington Street.

And this a section of Naperville's Riverwalk:

Weber Road just south of the East Branch finally opened this morning.

Chip

A popular shore fishing spot in Naperville is Weigand Riverfront Park. Here's a picture looking from Washington Street.

And this a section of Naperville's Riverwalk:

Weber Road just south of the East Branch finally opened this morning.

Chip

Thanks for the update Chip. It took me 45 minutes to get to Romeoville from south Naperville late yesterday morning. Nothing like 10 people waiting on you to show up for a meeting!