new lake in Bolingbrook

raymond k

I was way off/just looking to see if ayone went to wahlon lake?Or I may just go to the Kank like I always do.

I took my son there today. Caught a few small bass. Gills around the shore were very small. It looks like it's going to be a very nice park, but I think it's going to get the bee-jesus pounded out of it.

Worth checking out if you are in the neighborhood. I woulsd try it in the evening or early morning.

<_<

I took my son there today. Caught a few small bass. Gills around the shore were very small. It looks like it's going to be a very nice park, but I think it's going to get the bee-jesus pounded out of it.

Worth checking out if you are in the neighborhood. I woulsd try it in the evening or early morning.

I fished Whalon the first Sunday it was open....caught 16 bass, largest was exactly 3 lbs. The DuPage River has been very productive lately... I fished it a lot over the holiday weekend... probably caught around 25-30 smallies, largest was approx. 21". Looking forward to some cooler weather & rain.

<_<

I fished Whalon the first Sunday it was open....caught 16 bass, largest was exactly 3 lbs. The DuPage River has been very productive lately... I fished it a lot over the holiday weekend... probably caught around 25-30 smallies, largest was approx. 21". Looking forward to some cooler weather & rain.

Were you in a boat? Yeah. it was really hot. It was getting to me. we went and got a few cold drinks, cooled off in BPS, then went to another pond. Did ell there.

Were you in a boat? Yeah. it was really hot. It was getting to me. we went and got a few cold drinks, cooled off in BPS, then went to another pond. Did ell there.

Yes, we were in a boat casting the edges of the islands and the weeds near the north side. I hav'nt been back to Whalon since, figured I'd wait till later this month to go back.

I snuck over there today to check it out. Found three 12" LM tucked into the windblown side of the weeds. All were caught on some very light colored Brovarney swim jigs. The place has only been open for 3 weeks, and I spent more time picking up trash than reeling in fish. Unfreekin' believable! :rolleyes: