Wierdest thing you ever caught?

ryne

As i was wading in the stream today i got to thinking about all the wierd things iv caught or snagged while fishing. I figure with all the river and stream fishermen on here there has to be some wierd and strange objects caught. The strangest living thing i ever caught was an albino catfish, and the wierdest non living thing is a little kids bike.

Guest rich mc

last year i caught two rod and reel outfits at shabbona. nothing of value. and 4 years ago i caught an umbrella. whata fight. a storm popped up later and we used it. and once by castle rock flowage i caught a northen pike, my lindy rig hook went thru a ring on a steel leader that someone broke off with the fish still on it. rich

Hi ISAer's

On the Kankakee I once caught a pair of pants with a dead fish in the pocket.

Mark O'Donnell

Or maybe the pants were just happy to see you. :lol:

On the way back from taking one of my kids to college, I stopped at Kankakee state park to fish some topwater under the full moon. It wasn't Halloween, but I caught a bat on my cast. I don't know whether it was by accident or intention on the part of the bat, but, needless to say, I was not about to unhook him; so I cut bait and walked slowly, carefully away. Not one of my better moments.

RonG

I didn't catch it but there once was a 24 inch baby doll in about 2 feet of slack water on the bottom that gave me the creeps, I was hoping for a big rain to wash it away. It stayed there for a least 1 to 2 months and I stayed away! I first noticed it walking over a bridge, thank God I didn't kick it while wading...

Went out Saturday on a creek in McHenry. OK, catching a snapping turtle, although unusual, does not qualify as "weird". The weird part is that I had a clear omen something like this might happen. Another car entered the parking lot the same time I did. It was a family, and they carried a large box out of the car and toward the picnic tables next to the stream. I assumed a picnic. But by the time I got my rods ready and headed that way, they returned to the car with the box, now empty. I asked them what they were doing, and they told me they had just released a snapping turtle into the water. The turtle had appeared on their back lawn, over a mile from any water source. I thanked them jokingly for putting that beast into the stream where I was going to wade, and decided to walk downstream on the path beside the creek. I was about a mile and a half from that spot, when I caught the large, dreaded creature, so I'm sure it wasn't the same one; but that was the only thing I caught all afternoon.

By the way, its body may be slow, but its neck and jaws are lightning quick, as I discovered when trying to extricate my hula grub from his mouth.

Guest TerryD

Coleman lantern. When I was a kid my dad took me and my brother and some neighbor friends up

to Indian Ford dam on an all night fishing trip. Being the dumb kid that I was I accidentally kicked our lantern over backside of the dam. The lantern never went out. I dropped my hook down and snagged it

and pulled it right back up. Never went out. Neat.

I caught a patio umbrella out of the DuPage River in Naperville.