Another Pond Outing

Mark P

With the river being the way they are, I'm fishing ponds for LMB.

I C&R'd the following in less than 1 hour the other night w/my Sage XP 5wt w/3x tippet.

1 - 5lb

2 - 4lb

3 - 3lb

and around 15 in the 1-2lb range.

That would be a 26lb bag for you Bass Master fans. Do that for 4 days in a tourny and you'll make some money.

All on a #10, black, BH, Mohair Leech pattern (tied somewhat sparse).

The 5 ate it as soon as the fly slapped the water.

Crazy!

Mark,

It's good to see a flyguy doing so well.Seems a bassbug would've done the job too although they'd be harder to cast with a 5wt.I may have to start doing some pond fishing. The strip pits at Mazonia and the quarry in Lemont where I've always floatubed for largemouths don't produce like they once did.How 'bout some pics next time?

With a flash you can get good ones even at dark.

Ron: I usually fish by myself and wet wade as I go and get pretty slimy. I usually don't bring the digital because of that.

Mark,

Nobody gets any slimier than me.I've been known to wet wade up to my neck.

P.S. I have a waterproof case for my camera.You could always put yours in a waterproof plastic bag or 2 for safekeeping.

It's nice to have some pics to look back on atn the end of the season(s)

Ron: I usually fish by myself and wet wade as I go and get pretty slimy. I usually don't bring the digital because of that.

Mark

I broke down and bought Pelican Micro-cases for the GPS and Cell Phone and a small Pelican Case for the camera and accessories. Something to think about - I went through four cell phones in the last year between trapping the Mack and storm chasing drownings :)