What is happening up North?

Gary L

Just wondering how the Rives like the Fox, DuPage and Kankakee are doing now. I imagine you are still having high water. Is anyone getting out and fishing the high water besides Norm?

Down this way the Lakes at anywhere from 10'-15' over normal pool but it hasn't affected the fishing to much at all other then making it hard to get to the Largemouth earlier because they were hugging the banks in the forest of trees. We had a tremendous spawn this year as evidenced by millions of fry around shoreline cover that is protecting them from predators. I give them about five years and Table Rock is going to explode with Smallmouths, Kentuckies and Largemouths as well as an abundance of panfish.

Now lets hear what you have going on up in my old stomping grounds.

We had a hellacious storm last night and the Dup shot up 2ft. It was a short storm, but dumped a lot of water on us. It's on it's way back down now, so that will mess the fishing up for awhile. It had just started to stabilize again! :rolleyes:

The Fox is running at a little over 6000 right now, and looks like it's going to stay that way for awhile.

The Kank seems to be the only one that's really fishable.

That is what I was afraid of! We are once again getting big thunderstorms with huge amounts of rain large hail, like the size of a softball, and it is going to keep the lake up high for a while. It gets hard sometimes to find a ramp to launch the boat. How about the Calumet River and Lake Calumet .? They should be fine if you have a boat as they seldom have a problem on them and the fishing is pretty good. I have fished it numerous times and done very well.

Guest rich mc

i am holding out hope for the willow planting at potawatamie on saturday the heavy rain is misssing the south branch of the kish , but it isslow to come down as it has to run north and west into the swollen rock river. rich

That is basically the problem down here with the lakes. They on the White River and they start with Beaver Lake in Arkansas, then Table Rock, then Taneycomo, Then Bull Shoals. Arkansas has been hit hard with rain and Bull Shoals is at its highest level so we can't let water out here or we flood everything downstream and none of the lakes can really handle any more. The good part is that some of the better ramps are open and we can launch and fish with no trouble. Providing you can get smart enough to find where they are. We have been very fortunate in that we have several top Guides that post on the site I frequent and they give some outstanding advise on where to fish and what is working throughout the year. This is unheard of in other areas for fear someone will steal your spot and take all your fish. This Spring they gave the areas that they were using to catch fish for there clients. This was main lake points and if you followed this advise you caught fish. Now it is a little harder as they are suspended over deeper water and am not very good at Dropshot fishing yet. Need a lot more practice with that deep water method before it is going to reap its rewards.

I was at Blackhawk park (Jon J. Duer) on the Fox in South Elgin on Saturday. It's pretty much unfishable; way too high and fast. Its level was way up the banks. Only action was a big carp that gave my Hula Grub a swirl on what normally is grass lawn.

Gary

I'm in fine shape, my flow is in wadeable conditions. The water willow pattern was hot but the level dropped and a lot of the beds aren't holding fish anymore.

Had my best day ever last week 143 fish , 8 species.