Something's hatching....

SmallieJonze

WTF!!!!

I have bugs in my ears, nose, behind my glasses, up my sleeves and in my car. That "hatch" is going on right now and the fish are tughtlipped. I can't recall if they're mayflies or damselflies. Whichever...they are all camped out on my last nerve!!!

What fly most closely resembles them? Maybe tomorrow I'll get out the long rod and put some flies and nymphs out there....we'll see what the fish have to say 'bout that. :angry:

WTF!!!!

I have bugs in my ears, nose, behind my glasses, up my sleeves and in my car. That "hatch" is going on right now and the fish are tughtlipped. I can't recall if they're mayflies or damselflies. Whichever...they are all camped out on my last nerve!!!

What fly most closely resembles them? Maybe tomorrow I'll get out the long rod and put some flies and nymphs out there....we'll see what the fish have to say 'bout that. :angry:

Can you describe what they look like i.e. size shape color? If they resemble small tan colored moths they're not mayflies but caddisflies which are increasingly common on the rivers in our area an indication that they are becoming less polluted from toxins.

I just did a Google search......

CADDISFLIES!!!

Little buggers....I think I may have inhaled a few.

I'm going to see if I have any in my flyboxes.

Carp are slurping em up like crazy, too. Ought to be an adventure fighting one of them slimy SOB's with a 6 weight...

CADDISFLIES!!!

Carp are slurping em up like crazy, too. Ought to be an adventure fighting one of them slimy SOB's with a 6 weight...

Just as I thought.Think I'll head there tomorow with my 6wt and some caddis patterns.Thanks for the headsup!

We had something hatch inside our house this evening.

Flying ants, perhaps....something that looks like an ant, with wings.

Damn things are all over my computer screen, and just plucked one swimming in my glass of Bravante Merlot.

WTF? is right!

:lol:

We had something hatch inside our house this evening.

Flying ants, perhaps....something that looks like an ant, with wings.

Damn things are all over my computer screen, and just plucked one swimming in my glass of Merlot.

WTF? is right!

:lol:

Could be dem...

I was fishing with a buddy of mine from Missouri today and they looked like snow in the wind. I told him that he'll think they're all gone and then two days later, on the drive back to St.Louis, they'll all of a sudden be all over the car and crawling up your nose. They crawl into any crevice they can find and....uh...well...I'm afraid to wonder what they do :blink:

CADDISFLIES!!!

nice! I remember fishing the Fox with a pretty strong hatch going and the eddies were lined with bugle mouths saluting. Regretfully I had spinning gear with me on that one.