5/5 fishing report

ronk

With the river high,murky and ripping decided the best chance to catch any smallmouth was to head to an area I dicovered last year that holds a lot of little ones especially with many of the bigger ones spawning.It took about 30 minutes to get to the area some of it wading in the river against the current and only about 45 minutes to fish it since the strong current severely limited the fishable spots within the area.Caught 7 smallmouth on bassbugs and as expected all were little guys.Was glad the wade back was with the current.The wading staff was indispensable both in getting to and from the area and also while fishing in the current that's particularly strong in this area.

With the river high,murky and ripping decided the best chance to catch any smallmouth was to head to an area I dicovered last year that holds a lot of little ones especially with many of the bigger ones spawning.It took about 30 minutes to get to the area some of it wading in the river against the current and only about 45 minutes to fish it since the strong current severely limited the fishable spots within the area.Caught 7 smallmouth on bassbugs and as expected all were little guys.Was glad the wade back was with the current.The wading staff was indispensable both in getting to and from the area and also while fishing in the current that's particularly strong in this area.

Wading upstream against a heavy current is brutal, I agree.

Good to hear you used a staff. I have a collapsable one that has helped me more than once and has already paid for itself.

At least you got into some, given all of your effort to get there.

The strong currents and high water have made fishing tough. I fished the Kish on Saturday and I was really limited to where I could fish. I just could not get to several of my "go to" spots. I caught a few dinks.

with the seemingly endless # of fronts moving thru going back all the way to january this may be a season of limited stream opportunities.should give the fish some respite from all the fishing pressure.every cloud has a silver lining.am grateful for the good fishing i had in march and april when the river was in a more fishable state.