ISA C&R Sign Posting-BE THERE!!

Jim J

On Saturday, April 26th, the ISA will be posting our new yellow catch and release signs along the DuPage River. We will meet in along the river at Weigand Park in Naperville at 7:30 and be on the road by 8:00. We will send teams north and south along the main river and both branches.

Signs, post pounders, screws, posts and donuts will be provided. We will also have trash bags to make it a double whammy. Please bring a power screwdriver (if you have one) work gloves and boots or waders to work in.

When we did this 5 years ago, it was very successful and I’m counting on a bunch of people to make this happen again.

This is a really great way to learn access spots, earn your first ISA conservation pin and do some great conservation work.

I think this is our first ISA conservation work of the year so let’s start the year off with a bang and show em what we got.

Post here if you can make it.

I will edit this post with an exact location.

Thanks.

Jim J

On Saturday, April 26th, the ISA will be posting our new yellow catch and release signs along the DuPage River. We will meet in along the river at Weigand Park in Naperville at 7:30 and be on the road by 8:00. We will send teams north and south along the main river and both branches.

Signs, post pounders, screws, posts and donuts will be provided. We will also have trash bags to make it a double whammy. Please bring a power screwdriver (if you have one) work gloves and boots or waders to work in.

When we did this 5 years ago, it was very successful and I’m counting on a bunch of people to make this happen again.

This is a really great way to learn access spots, earn your first ISA conservation pin and do some great conservation work.

I think this is our first ISA conservation work of the year so let’s start the year off with a bang and show em what we got.

Post here if you can make it.

I will edit this post with an exact location.

Thanks.

Jim J

I should be able to help. Hey, I haven't been getting any email notifications.

Guest Don R

Jim,

I plan on being there as long as I don't have to work. Worse case I could probably meet a crew around 11 am.

The Fox River sign postings will most likely be the following weekend.

Thanks.

I will be interested to see who will sign on here after all the discussion the Dupe is getting in the last few years.

I know there is a very small population of immature fish but they need protection too so one day this fishery will improve.

Thanks.

Jim J

Jim,

What kind of screws are being used to put up the signs? Just so I know what to bring tool wise. At this point I can be there.

I can probably give you a couple hours as this is my one free Saturday until the end of June and planned on hitting the K3 this day. I'd prefer to be a South going Zax as I still want to fish the Kank.

Kevin

I know there is a very small population of immature fish but they need protection too so one day this fishery will improve.

I laughed so hard reading that I managed to knock over an expensive glass of Cabernet.

Thanks for sharing that thought anyway Jim.

Hello all,

I'm a new member and would like to help out if I'm not house hunting. So far this year my schedule has conflicted with the blowout, meetings, fish crib project and the first outing. If this keeps up I may never meet another ISA member.

Nathan

Glad I could amuse you.

Also, Don and I went over a pretty good list of spots from very far north to very far south.

We intend to make an excel data base with locations and notes. We will have a copies on that day.