Balancing a spinnerbait

tpcollins

New to the forum, want to build my own Mepps style in-line spinnerbaits and I keep reading do-it-yourself articles about balance. I received a great tip about the bottom edge of the blade should be even with the hook eye. So I assume I can adjust this distance with lightweight plastic beads if necessary but I'm looking more for the lure body weight ranges for a given size blade (I've seen the file from luremaking.com). And is there any thought to how much wire can extend above the blade clevis? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I used to make my own in-line spinners. The dimensions involved were set more by the type of tool used to twist the wire. The tool I was using needed room to hold onto the wire so I could never get them just the size I wanted, there was always more wire above the clevis than I wanted, but it didn't seem to make much difference in the way that they fished. I have a lot of extra bodies, beads and clevis' that I could afford to part with if you need them. If you need anything, send me a PM and I'll let you know what I have.