ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS

jude

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. My name is Steve Butler. I'm out of Urbana. I've been a long-time stream fisherman, but have moved several times back and forth from Illinois in the last few years, so haven't gotten around to joining ISA until now. I'm an all-around hillbilly, so pretty much all of my spare time is spent doing something in the woods or in a stream. You will rarely be able to find me from October until the end of January most years, because I'll either be in my tree stand or in a duck blind. But now that that part of the year is over, time to get to fishing! Smallies are perhaps my favorite fish, especially on the fly rod, although I'll go after almost anything with fins at one time or another. I'm fairly familiar with the Vermillion River system (the Wabash drainage one) and the Kaskaskia as far down as Carlyle, but am always looking for new access points and new waters. I look forward to fishing with some of you folks in the coming year. I also hope to be able to help out with some conservation work, as I am a firm believer in hunters and fishermen taking personal responsibility for the conservation of the resources that they enjoy.

, . I also hope to be able to help out with some conservation work, as I am a firm believer in hunters and fishermen taking personal responsibility for the conservation of the resources that they enjoy.

My kind of guy.

Steve ,

I fish down that way with my good friend Phil, also an ISA member. We will hook up.

Norm

Hi, Everyone.

I'm John Wagner. I attended the January Chicago area meeting at Bass Pro Shops, then joined at the Rosemont Show. I live in Woodridge with my wife of 25 years and my two daughters. One is a junior in college and the other is a junior in high school.

I fish local ponds and the DuPage Forest Preserve lakes. Occasionally, I'll fish the DuPage River, but because I don't know how to fish moving water, I limit myself to pools in the river that are more like lakes. I'm hoping that a few outings will teach me more.

On a more greedy note, can anyone tell me when I'll start to receive the Bulletin? I guess I won't feel like a real member until I get my first copy. Thanks.

HEY Y'ALL, My name is Don and I don't like it. Usually friends call me goose or hillbilly, I prefer goose please. Now as far as myself, I recently hooked up forever in May with my wife. Had a honeymoon to be proud of and made it home safely on a bumpy flight. I hunt just about anything that GOD has created in the Midwest. I also love to fish. The river has been my favorite place to fish for the last couple of years. The days spent on the river have definately helped me keep a level head and I appreciate the outdoors even more than ever. Since I have been out of work since September I have spent numerous days on the river. Hiking, scouting, fishing, you name it. I am proud to contribute to OUR outdoors as we, the outdoorsmen, are the ones to really keep a check on things. I have been fishing since I could ride a bicycle. Which was around 4. I used to pond fish all the time, but the live bait bucket fillin' trash leavin' no carin' christmas tree dumpin' pertaining to be outdoorsmen, people have actually ruined nemerous ponds and kriks and peaceful areas! O.K. now that it is off of my chest, lets get to know some members! I thank you and will be happy to donate SOME of my time. ;)

Hi, Everyone.

I'm John Wagner. I attended the January Chicago area meeting at Bass Pro Shops, then joined at the Rosemont Show. I live in Woodridge with my wife of 25 years and my two daughters. One is a junior in college and the other is a junior in high school.

I fish local ponds and the DuPage Forest Preserve lakes. Occasionally, I'll fish the DuPage River, but because I don't know how to fish moving water, I limit myself to pools in the river that are more like lakes. I'm hoping that a few outings will teach me more.

On a more greedy note, can anyone tell me when I'll start to receive the Bulletin? I guess I won't feel like a real member until I get my first copy. Thanks.

Thanks, Scott. Actually, I got it the other day. Now I feel official!

i'm Scott Haskins and i live in Bradley, Illinois. i see there some other Kankakee River guys on here too. i fish for smallmouth obviously but will never turn down other catches. used to fish the river as a kid but just recently (past 2 years) got really into it after finding fishing sites and helpful hints on the internet..this site looks really informative and looks like a bunch of good guys on here.

hope i can help with what i've learned and i'm sure i will learn more from you guys,

scott

Hello Everyone, My name is Brad and I'm a fishaholic.

Being that I run a fishin" and bait shop ( The Anglers Outlet in Markham) I sure don't fish as often as I would like but do appreciate hearing everyones fish stories.

Grew up fishing the Kankakee and Mazon Rivers and would consider the Mazon to be my "home water" if access wasn't so difficult lately.

The last few years have found that I enjoy fishing the Middle Fork of the Vermillion quite a bit via canoe.

Mostly spin fishing in the streams , I like the fly rod for pond fishing.

Looking forward to being a contributing member of this organization, and wish that some day we could improve stream access laws state wide.

Hello everyone im David married with one son. I own a piercing studio in Aurora IL and i fish about everyday that i can. most of the time i fish on the dupage since i live near there now days. I was going to join awhile back but things came up. Im trying to get into Pro fishing sometime soon.

Welcome John, Goose, Scott, Brad and David! I'm very glad that you have decided to join the Illinois Smallmouth Alliance.

Brad,

Thank you for your generous donation to the Bronzeback Blowout! Right out of the gate your making a donation to the club. Very cool. ;)

Thanks Don i would love to check out the Bronzeback but i have to work so that sucks. i also wanted to know about where to send donations for the ISA. i have a son and i would love to make sure this site and club stay open so when he is my age he can come here to help out or to learn new things.

• 4 weeks later...

Pigeon%20River%20smallie.jpg

Hello,

You guys can probably guess what my first name is. I'm 32 and have no wife or kids (yet)... just a girlfriend and dog :P I live slap downtown in the loop. I'm a mechanical engineer (power generation industry) and travel about 95%. I moved up to Chicago about 2 years ago. I lived in Atlanta for about 20 years previously.

I began flyfishing in 1990, mostly for trout. Soon afterward, I starting tying flies and building rods. I love to chase after anything with the flyrod... trout, smallmouths, largemouths, white bass, stripers, crappie, bluegills, carp, gar, etc. Although, I have no objection to picking up a spinning rod and throwing plastics, jerk baits, spinner baits, etc. (and live bait in those times of desperation ;) ). I was somewhat active in Trout Unlimited up until the time I moved from Atlanta.

I love fishing out of boats equally as much as wading. Unfortunately, my kayak and canoe are still located at my folks' house in Atlanta. I'd love to get river boat (jet drive), but the circumstances won't allow for it at the moment.

My friend (a fishing guide) REALLY introduced me to smallies for the first time in Tennessee. The picture of the fish above is one I caught in Tennessee using a chartreuse leech pattern that I tied up. Nowadays, I consider smallies to be my favorite species to catch.

Other than fishing, I like to dabble in bourbons, scotch, and cigars.

I look forward to meeting up with other junkies in the near future. I really need to get back into the swing of things. I used to fish several times a week at one point. Since moving to Chicago, I've probably fished a total of 2 weeks in 2 years :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Brandon

4:24 a.m.?!? Are you an early riser or a late night Bourbon Dabbler?

Welcome aboard! You'll find there are a bunch of members in Chicago. Plenty of longrodders, too! Keep an eye on the calendar at the top of the page for upcoming outings....Jude

Welcome to the site Brandon. You might want to check out the calendar and hit the meeting at Coren's on the 28th. Bring along an extra $25 so you can join the ISA if you haven't by then. It's your best way to meet and get out with some of the best smallie fishers in the area!

Hello Ralph here in the Channahon, il. area . I spincast in the dupage south of shorewood, usually south of the dam in channahon. Catch and release always. This section of the dupe was dredged years ago and if wading use care lots of holes and deep pools, I don't wade this area. For the locals the hidden quaries and ponds are golden but i stick to the river. This is a great organization and the info sharing is wonderful.Yep i'm a nubie for shure.

4:24 a.m.?!? Are you an early riser or a late night Bourbon Dabbler?

Welcome aboard! You'll find there are a bunch of members in Chicago. Plenty of longrodders, too! Keep an eye on the calendar at the top of the page for upcoming outings....Jude

No bourbon for me. I'm stuck working 12 hour night shifts in North Carolina.

I look forward to meeting some folks to hit the water with. Hopefully I can make the Chicago meeting on the 28th.

Hi, I am a new member. My name is Steve Randolph and I am currently a member & V.P. of D.R.I.F.T. a flytying club in the Western Burbs. I actually won a membership through our annual auction, but John Lobach has been prompting me for a few years to join. I generally fish the Wisconsin Salmon in the fall but was out on Shabbona quite a bit last year. I have a 16' boat and am always looking for some one to go out with me during the week. I am a Realtor so am usually busy on wekends. I am looking forward to learning the local rivers in my area, namly the Fox & DuPage. I live a stones throw from the DuPage and never fished it!