Canoecopia 2008

Rick D.

A little fuel for thought for those of you paddling (or wish-to-be) anglers that are alot closer than me.

The Canoecopia is March 7-9 in Madison, Wis. Its billed as one of the largest paddlesport expos on the sphere.

Learn more at www.canoecopia.com

Thanks for the reminder Rick. I attended a few years ago specifically to look at SOT yaks. There were zero. Last year I heard someone who had attended complaining that there were too many SOTs. I guess the SOTs are catching on!

The last 3 years I have volunteered at the Wisconsin River Alliance Booth--I am a member. If you go check 'em out, a great organization and Canoecopia is great if you are looking for a river craft. Gordon

A question for veterans of this expo... Are the prices at Canoecopia essentially retail, or are there some savings to be had? I hear the selection is amazing, but are there also some bargains?

Oh and another q: Do they have stock on hand to drive home with... or do you typically place an order there and get it shipped?

Thanks!

-jamie s.

Jamie,

Many items at Canoecopia are retail-but there are lots of show special prices. Except for show specials in the broschure you can not predict if what you want will be discounted. On Sunday, some prices will drop further but things will be picked over. They do allow you to put deposit down on boats, come back in spring to paddle it, and change your mind if you need to.

I will miss the show this year because our big fundraiser at work is saturday night. We will raise 100K in one night!

If I feel spry on sunday I'll run up there, but I doubt it.

Gregg

Great place to see & learn about boats- often the manufacturer has some of its design personnel in the booth. Prices are better than normal & many boats are availabvle to take with from their warehouse. Good deals on blems & returns but these sell in the first couple of hours- go on Friday if you are going to buy, have an idea of what you are looking for. don't miss out on the seminars.