New, Living Rubber "Scout" swim jigs

Jonn Graham

Have been playing around of late with making my swim jigs with what they call "living rubber" strands. Very interesting material. Does not come in many colors, but if you are looking for a swim jig that has a larger, bulkier appearance in the water, and has some "puff" value, then you might want to look into swim jigs made with this "old school" material. Here is a photo of one I tyed last night. You will have to excuse the crappy picture..............for some reason my flash did not go off?

mcdpqh.jpg

Jonn,

You are a master craftsman! I bet these would work well down in KY on the Green River Lake Reservoir

The bigmouths down there like bulky baits - add a chunk and I'm in!

FYI - now that its nearing the end of ice season - I've still got to send you those other ice jigs - I did not forget you

my good man.

Keep a tight line

Brian J Athern

Brian:

While my swim jigs would probably work on the bottom with a chunk trailer, they are truly designed to be swam through the water column with an "action" trailer such as a four or five inch twister grub. The swim jig "thing" is what you may call "power fishing with a jig". Swim it fast and HANG ON!!!!

Was that the last picture on the roll, or memory card, Jonn? Take another pic, that one doesn't do the jig or your ability to create justice.

I've used swim jigs on the bottom out of desperation last year. It was the only way I caught a fish that day. It is definately a very versatile lure. ;)

Guest rich mc

if you ask for a catalog from www.livingrubber.com they send you a few samples .the catalog is great for checking colors and patterns . they make a wide legg that is 1/8 inch wide for mega jude bugs.

I will post another picture tomorrow. Rich, I bought my living rubber from the company you mentioned. Good folks. They also carry a large line of silicone.

There are jokes here to be had. But this is a family show. ;)

btw...that jig looks great!

AS promised, here is a better picture of the living rubber Scout swim jigs I have been working on:

2elrpr9.jpg

x5ytep.jpg

In addition, here is a new color pattern I came up with this weekend, it is called "Nuclear Frog".

s2sk0n.jpg

I plan to fish this swim jig just under the surface during low light hours. Should be a winner as my streams are dominated by frogs come mid summer.

By the way, I am beginning to pour a batch of jig heads in the next seven days or so, anyone interested in ordering some of my scout swim jigs or my float n fly jigs, ACT NOW! I am still running a special for ISA members: Scout swim jigs are $3.50 each or $37 a dozen. And the float n fly jigs are $2 apiece with a dozen for only $20. Shipping charges are normally $4 or less per order.

Guest rich mc

next jonn will be tying a combo of material such as some synthetics underneath the silicone and rubber shirts, then plastic trailers wont be needed. like your color choices rich