Tinley Park Show volunteers needed (results are in)

Guest Don R

On February 9th and 10th the ISA will have a booth at the Tinley Park Sport Show. {Tinley Park Fishing & Outdoor Show, Tinley Park High School, 6111 W. 175th Street (east of Ridgeland), Tinley Park, IL, Richard Komar (708) 444-0921.}

We have a few members lined up to work the booth but need a few more to lend a hand.

This two day event runs from 9am until 5pm each day. It's always good to have two members in the booth at all times. The shifts will run as follows:

Sat. 9am - 1pm

Sat. 1pm - 5pm

Sun. 9am - 1pm

Sun. 1pm - 5pm

Mike Clifford will set-up on Saturday morning. Dick G, William C and I will work other shifts as needed. Please respond to this thread or send me a PM if you can help out for a shift. These shows are an important tool to not only spread the message of the Alliance but also to recruite new members, renew memberships and to sell Blowout tickets.

A couple changes are in place for sport shows this year. We have new member incentive packets which include a Plano tackle box filled with plastics (plastics and flys for the fly show). We've also purchased long sleeve shirts with the ISA logo on them for members to wear while working the booths. These shirts will be freshly laundered and members are asked to wear a shirt underneath the ISA shirt.

Thanks again for your help!

Don Rego

Pencil me in for Saturday AM. I won't be any help setting up though. Like Don told me.... maybe my cast will get some simpathy sign ups! This all depends on when we're getting together with my nephew and his fiance, who are coming in from CO. Hopefully it'll be Sat. night.

Don: I'd like to help out Sunday morning 9AM-1PM shift.

Bill K

That's great Bill! Thanks! Are you still located in Woodstock? That's a heck of a drive!

Mike Clifford,

Let me know if you need help setting up and what time

to be there.I can come and go at any time since I live

a couple of blocks away.

Bill Chase

Sounds good Bill! Got you down for 8am (helping Mike set-up) until 1pm (if you can) on Saturday

Pencil me in for Saturday AM. I won't be any help setting up though. Like Don told me.... maybe my cast will get some simpathy sign ups! This all depends on when we're getting together with my nephew and his fiance, who are coming in from CO. Hopefully it'll be Sat. night.

Looks like you'll be the third for Sat. am. Not sure how long Mike and Bill plan on staying on Saturday. Perhaps you can sleep in a bit a help out late morning / early afternoon?

Any help is appreciated!

Don

Sat. (9am - 1pm) Mike Clifford, Bill Chase

Sat. (1pm - 5pm) Bill Chase, Jim Kast

Sun. (9am - 1pm) Bill K, Tom Knable

Sun. (1pm - 5pm) Dick G, Mitchell Schwarz

I'll be able to help out Saturday pm but I'll probably not make it there until 2 pm. The Crib Fest runs from 8am until noon in Bartlett. I'll head down to Tinley Park after that.

Looks like we have enough volunteers lined up for the Tinley show.

If anyone else plans on attending this show please lend a hand if possible. Volunteers need breaks too ;)

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all the members that made this show a success! I believe last year's total was 2 new members.

This year we brought in 13 new members, 1 renewel and sold 3 Blowout tickets!

Well done!

Oh well , scratch that pagan ritual involving beer and lewd dancing with lacivious women I was going to have to make you participate in to change my mojo . :rolleyes:

Don ,

The ability to think quickly on your feet and skew the count in your favor could land you a cushy job in a certain large metropolis by a large lake on election day .