Chicagoland Outdoor Show

Chip

The Chicagoland Outdoor show kicked off today. Tim and Rich worked the ISA booth all day - I joined them at 5pm. We signed up several new members and "spread the smallie gospel" to anyone who would listen. We distributed tons of brochures, and gave everyone a really good impression of the ISA. I was proud to help at the booth - it felt great to talk about all the good things associated with the ISA.

My highlight: The interesting (drunk?) gentleman who immediately said, "I'm not your guy!" when I described the ISA's conservation efforts. He said, "I don't do conservation. Just put me on a lake in a boat with some beer!" And with a big grin on his face, he wished us well and walked away.

The rest of the time was spent - really - opening the eyes of attendees: "YES! Illinois has some great smallmouth fishing!" That usually got folks interested to learn more.

Here's Tim and Rich - lookin' good in their ISA shirts!

Many thanks to Tim for all his hard work organizing our participation (and all the candy!). And thanks to all the volunteers who are helping with the booth. And to anyone else who helped get this booth organized for the show, please accept my thanks as well.

Everyone - be sure to head out to the show this weekend, and look for the ISA booth.

Chip

PS - I wanted to post this in the "Chicagoland Region Events" forum, but the system wouldn't allow me to post......any clue why?

PS - I wanted to post this in the "Chicagoland Region Events" forum, but the system wouldn't allow me to post......any clue why?

We're just peons, Chip. The events forums are just for the "beautiful people"! :P:lol:

Thanks for giving your time, and posting the report & pic!

Chip,

Thanks for helping and your description is exactly the way we would like it to go.

Spreading the gospel.

Handing out lots of information.

Signing up new members.

Looking spiffy (and more professional) in our new shirts.

You can't ask for more than that.

Thanks to everyone who has volunteered.... there's still openings.....

PS The drunk guy was my dad.

The only thing...... we could use would be to hustle Blowout prizes while you're there.

Any vendors you think might be able to help would could use a brochure and an introduction.

Be very respectful though, these guys have paid a lot of money and might not be as receptive sometimes.

We have found some great guys there like 3rd Grip.

Guest rich mc

at first it seemed like the show was smaller but after everyone set up, it is much better than last year. most vendor booths are very big with lots of tackle . Good to see anglers international which is like 60ft long and fishtech there. rich

• 4 weeks later...

Here's Tim and Rich - lookin' good in their ISA shirts!

Rich and Tim aren't willing to give up their shirts but the remainder of the lightly used ISA embroidered shirts will be available for sale. The shirts will be cleaned and pressed and on sale for $30.00! Very limited quantities of shirts are available. Already have three reserved for Steve J, Jim K and Ed B. The rest will go fast.

Send me a private message to reserve your shirt for the Blowout.

If we get enough folks wanting to purchase these shirts (we'll need the money in advance for new purchases) we can place an order for the shirts, get them embroidered and hopefully back in time for the Blowout. New ISA embroidered shirts will sell for $40.00!

Again, if you are interested send me a private message. These shirts tend to run a bit large. A large is comparable to a normal extra large.

Don R