Topwater update

Norm M

Well the extremely high water seems to have put the fish off the topwater bite . I thought maybe in areas like the flooded parking lots and such they might still hit it near the edges but so far they have ignored everything from buzzbaits to deadsticked Rapala minnows .

I will have to keep plugging away as the water drops but it may will be that the bite is off until the flow stabilizes .

Well the extremely high water seems to have put the fish off the topwater bite . I thought maybe in areas like the flooded parking lots and such they might still hit it near the edges but so far they have ignored everything from buzzbaits to deadsticked Rapala minnows .

I will have to keep plugging away as the water drops but it may will be that the bite is off until the flow stabilizes .

Maybe the fish already ate by the time you got there.

The fish may have not worked their way up into the parking lot.

I presume you tried "curb-side" service first.

A Rapala is a "dead-stick".

Have you tried a Lucky Craft?

Ken ,

That the fish had already feed was possible . The first couple days I fished those areas I saw baitfish activity and I did get a couple with a spinnerbait . The third day , I saw no activity and caught no fish in those areas .

It could have just as easily been that I just didn't fish the bait at the speed and or type of retrieve the fish wanted . Then again maybe they just didn't want a topwater . Any time I get to thinking I know what the fish are thinking they serve me a slice of humble pie .

I have yet to try any Lucky Craft lures . Shoot I just got a Sammy last year and the only reason I got it was because it was at a nicely reduced price . I don't know why it was on sale but I didn't argue about it either .

Maybe one day the Rivergods will give me one .