Jonn's swim jigs

Norm M

Jonn ,

Recieved the jigs today , the quality is exceptional . I will be using them next trip .

To every one else , the pictures posted don't do them justice . I would highly recommend them to any one who appreciates a quality product .

Jonn ,

I was showing them to a couple guys at work that are fishermen . We were very impressed with a lot of the details beside the looks . The suppleness of the weedgaurd , the quality of the hook , the plastics barb on the hook and the care with which the were tied all brought very positive comments . I especially liked how the sparse tie allowed the tinsel to show thru exceptionally well , it provides a nice contrast .

One of the guys fishes Lake Michigan a lot and remarked how well they should work on the salmon and trout as well . I know the pike in my river have a liking for swim jigs .

As far as the other small packet you included , we were very impressed .

I think that they would work very well at Powerton , you should be able to cover some water very effectively . I'm going to have to give that a try as well .

A job well done sir .

Tied on Jonn's jig for the first trip of 08 , matched it with a salt water assassain . Only one fish but it was a 20 plus . First time ever the first fish of the year hit that milestone .

Not a bad start to a new product .

Very impressive totals .

I'm thinking of hitting Powerton soon , according to the local paper the smallies haven't really got going yet . Have you heard anything to the contary ?

NOrm:

Regarading Powerton, from what I saw the fishing was non-existent. Jim Kast and I hit it on Dec. 26th. Jim and I worked our tail off and got no bites whatsoever. Heck, the catfishermen were not even catching many cats. There were probably half a dozen guys strictly targeting smallies, and only one guy caught a smallie around 14 inches. They were pumping water but it was not warm. The warm water section was 49 degrees and the main lake was 46 degrees.

I may head back soon as a result of my poor river fishing of late.

Dana:

Good to see you back on board.

Jonn ,

What with the warmup coming and all that snowmelt bringing rising water levels , I'll be skinning bark on some flooded trees . Love that high , cold , muddy water .

Thanks for the update , I'll wait a week or two .

Jonn ,

I know I'm definitely in a very small group that actually likes it , but it keeps the crowds down for sure .

I've got a nice spot in mind for the swim jigs , behind a point bar where I first meet you .