Chicagoland Outdoor Show

Tim Negronida

We are looking for volunteers to help man the booth for the up coming Chicagoland Outdoors Show in Rosemont. If you have helped out in the past, thank you we can use your help again, if you haven’t worked the booth before give it a try.

The Dates are Wednesday January 16th 2-8pm, Thursday 2-8pm, Friday 2-9pm, Saturday 10am-8pm and Sunday the 20th 10am-5pm.

Give me a pm or call(847-609-3699) if you can lend a hand, Tim.

Guys ,

I have spent enough time working various shows for different groups to tell you that it can be a very enjoyable experience . You get to meet a lot of interesting folks , hear some great stories [ some of them even true] and meet a celeberity or three if you get lucky .

You should also know that the sight of a guy with an exhibitors badge on drives the women wild .

I remember that incident. It was just after I took a break for some grub. My luck! However, I did have a chance to write him a letter a few years later and was surprised to receive a personal phone call from him to discuss my question on push water. Very nice man and a pleasure to talk fishing with.

Tim check your pms. I'm available for one shift.

Tim got tired of hounding you all for help...so now it's my turn ;) We still need a few more volunteers to lesson the load of those already helping out. Send Tim a private message or just respond to this thread if you can help out.

Thanks!!!

Here's an update, Tim . . . plan to be a "show participant" on Saturday from noon until 3:30 pm and then help man our ISA booth around 3:30 pm until close at 8:00 pm. Looking forward to the opportunity to contribute my services and market the inherent values associated with membership in the Alliance. If I weren't still gainfully employed and had no plans for Sunday, I'd make a more significant appearance. Guess that will happen when I retire in three years and then work part-time at Bass Pro Shop.

On a related note, I think it was Mike who suggested trading cell phone numbers. Here's mine . . . 708-334-6275. I trust our booth is in the "Fishing Pavillion."

Last time I worked a booth next to a trout pond it was a nightmare . The lines interfered with folks getting to the booth and the line was mostly angry wives with crabby kids totally uninterested in anything you had to say .

I certainly hope it turns out to be a much better experience for you .

I worked the Rosemont show on Friday with Ed L, Ed B, and Gregg S. We signed up 4 new members and got one renewal. Also Ed L (The Closer) got some interest from the Shimano booth in perhaps coming up with something for the Blowout. The weekend guys should follow up on this lead.

Worked until around 4 today.

We had 12 new sign-ups, one renewal, one Blowout sale..

Guys were still working until 8, so hopefully more come through.

The show special new member kits make it happen.

BIG selling point.

My hat's off to Joz for coming up with this idea, and all that worked on the packages.

Talked to a few key vendors that I'll follow up with later (with shop managers) to try and close a deal or two on Blowout donations.

This was both Scott's and my idea which we did a few years back with Scott putting together the packages.

It got put on the back burner and I just revived it. I was sorting thinking it would work...

Thanks to Dick and Jim K for helping work on it also.

I am really curious to hear a solid final number of new members for the show.

Yes, thanks to everyone who worked on this.

ON TO BLOOMINGTON!

Jonn, you have to match these numbers.