Favorite Quote

"I'm waiting for the water to get in the lower 40s and the river to come up a foot or two." This is a quote from Butch Ward. I tried for years unsuccessfully catch winter smallmouth and he was nice enough to put up with a bunch of phone calls from me. I had read an article about him in Bassmaster in 1997. Here's one more quote from him, "Fish as many small eddies as you can."

I'm hoping this rain helps out it's been tough fishing in the shallow sections of the river with hardly any current. The fish are scattered and not too aggressive. The higher water with current will bunch them up.

The good winter fishing is just getting started.

Philf

One of my favorites ,

"The fish are already cold and wet " Phil F

Brendan ,

The fish don't go by the manmade calendar , why should we ?

" Big , fat , dumb , slow, eat me " Midwestern Hillbilly .

We had ice on the water in Chicago this weekend and I'm wearing lots of clothes. I think we lose most fisherman this time of year, but fish bite good all year long just ask the ice fisherman. Almost made it to Indiana Sunday, got a late start. I'll be over there soon hope to run into you.

Phil

Quote:

"Fishing is all about waiting for a jerk at the end of the line. Sometimes its difficult is determine which end of the line holds the biggest".

My Grandfather

We had ice on the water in Chicago this weekend and I'm wearing lots of clothes. I think we lose most fisherman this time of year, but fish bite good all year long just ask the ice fisherman. Almost made it to Indiana Sunday, got a late start. I'll be over there soon hope to run into you.

Phil

Phil, Let me know and maybe I'll meet up with you. FnF time.

RIch Mc

That Buck Perry quote along with him saying "all fishing fishing success or failure must be answered in terms of depth and speed control" (because those are the things that matter the most and the only things we truly can control to get fish to bite) are the two things I focus on the most when ever I'm fishing. I have never motor trolled with spoonplugs only cast them, but I constantly reread my original spoonplug book from the early 70's. The concept of lures being "tools" and how to present them is revolutionary. It simplifies things and allows the average fisherman to focus on what's really important when it comes to fishing. Thanks for adding that quote.

Phil