Light Action Baitcaster

BrianA

OK, apparently I need to sweeten the deal on this one........

Shimano Calcutta 50C - light action round baitcaster FOR SALE - This is the gold beauty that holds 8# test max.

This one is in great shape, bought it in a very coveteous mode.

I will part w/ it for $100 and I pay shipping. I am also willing to throw in approximately $20 - $30 worth of

smallmouth and green bass worthy baits - hard baits and soft plastics included. SLiders, grubs, spider grubs (Yamamoto's)

a crankbait or two/three all inclusive. I've got tackle to spare but who can honestly say they don't but want more!

I might even throw in some walleye baits to the right guy that asks.

You will not be disappointed w/ this reel and I have used it once in 3 years - again very covetted reel for all

the wrong reasons.

Please P-M me for details

• 2 weeks later...

FYI---

Great price on the Shimano Calcutta 50.

A GREAT reel!

I've had 'em for several years and love it.

Great for light line fishing, when fitted on a light action rod.

Also, well suited for 10-30lb superbraid lines.

Great for ice fishing---verticle jigging and live bait rigging for walleye, pike, and trout.

Great reel for ice fishing, employing the "dead-stick" method.

FYI---

Great price on the Shimano Calcutta 50.

A GREAT reel!

I've had 'em for several years and love it.

Great for light line fishing, when fitted on a light action rod.

Also, well suited for 10-30lb superbraid lines.

Great for ice fishing---verticle jigging and live bait rigging for walleye, pike, and trout.

Great reel for ice fishing, employing the "dead-stick" method.

I nominate the Calcutta as hands down the best reel baitcaster ever made. It's a work of art inside and out.

I have 2. The only bad part of owning one is that they are such a thing of beauty, it is heart breaking to get even a single scratch much less mangled like mine are. My gold one took a major beating on a float trip. I damn near cried when I saw it.

Shimano's been making the Calcutta for how long now? The design stands. Like The Abu Garcia reels. The venerable old Cardinals. Daiwa SS.

It calls to mind the the old Nikon workhorse cameras. The FM series. The design hasn't changed in several decades. In Desert Storm I, the photgraphers relied on the old FMs to withstand the harsh Desert conditions when the $1800 F4s puked out.

In this day few designs stand.

You might consider putting it on E-bay with a reserve or additionally listing it it on Craig's List.

>>>Shimano's been making the Calcutta for how long now? The design stands. Like The Abu Garcia reels. The venerable old Cardinals. Daiwa SS. <<<

Abu-Garcia reels, in recent years, (since made in China), are not the quality---

*lots of failures in service---material failures---parts malfunctions (drags, brakes, level winds, gears)---

reel seat failures (weldments failing)---

just to name a few.

They're made a lot cheaper---(design & materials).

Lots of newer models/versions have appeared on the market, over the past few years---

some lasting only a year or two, then discontinued.

What happened to the Morrum?---Why was it discontinued?

(too many failures/malfunctions)

The "anti-backlash" models?

They got dumped after a couple years.

(Anglers today, can't get theirs repaired).

The former Cardinal Series reels were quality---made by Zebco.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.