FFF Certified Casting Instructors

Guest One More Cast

Guest One More Cast

Hope you don't mind Kevin. I started a new thread. Didn't know if you were being facetious or not, but it deserves a thread of it's own.

Videos showing the proper execution of the required casts for FFF Certified and Master Instructor exam. It doesn't get better than this :Phttp://www.virtualflycasting.com/intro.htm

The FFF has done a fine job of strengthening this program. It's no longer a "merit badge" but a program that tests the casters ability to teach. They put out Certified Instructors rather than Certified Casters.

It's not a perfect program and I have some issues with it but it is the best program out there and truly promotes casting instruction. It is a brutally difficult exam (as it should be) and those who have passed the exam have earned respect.

Joseph

Hope you don't mind Kevin. I started a new thread. Didn't know if you were being facetious or not, but it deserves a thread of it's own.

The FFF has done a fine job of strengthening this program. It's no longer a "merit badge" but a program that tests the casters ability to teach. They put out Certified Instructors rather than Certified Casters.

It's not a perfect program and I have some issues with it but it is the best program out there and truly promotes casting instruction. It is a brutally difficult exam (as it should be) and those who have passed the exam have earned respect.

Joseph

Joseph,

Absolutely not being facetious. I can't imagine a site that better shows proper technique. It's a wonderful site.

- Kevin

Joseph

Joseph,

First off thank you for the last line. It's good to hear you say that and much appreciated.

To all others,

Joseph is dead on about the program. It's come a long way and it was a LOT more difficult to pass than I first thought. It truly does test one's ability to teach. The FFF has done a much better job of making the program of one that looks to standardize the essentials of flycasting from instructor to instructor and in passing not people who can cast, but people who can cast AND teach. It makes a big difference in the final product.

In fact, a lot of great casters fail the exam because they can't explain the techniques nor see what a person is doing incorrectly to teach them properly. Bruce Richards' six step method covers how to evaluate problems in a cast as does Mel Krieger's most recent DVD. It takes a lot of practice and reading all of the top casters and their techniques and teaching methods to be able to answer many of the questions posed during the exam.

In my classes I've combined many of the top instructors' techniques along with Bruce Richards' and Noel Perkins' casting analyzer to show how minor changes in a stroke can have a drastic effect on the cast. My next step is to combine that with video of the caster.

If any of you want to see the casting analyzer in action, drop me a line.