Chicagoland Region Meeting 10-27-07

Guest Don R

Thanks to the 13 members that attended today's meeting at Joseph Meyer's One More Cast fly shop.

A brief synopsis of what took place at the meeting:

After signing in and giving a pint of blood...no wait, that was the vampire meeting I was at yesterday.

We raffled off some quality Assalt plastics. At a buck a ticket your odds are much better than the lottery. OK, so you can't win millions but the plastics will probably get you in a lot less trouble in the long run.

Ed B, William C and Jim Kast were chosen as winners. Jim Kast picked his own raffle ticket number and a low grumbling noise erupted from the group. :unsure: Lucky for Jim we thwarted off the angry mob by convincing them that he didn't cheat. :blink:

William C spoke of his recent fishing success on the Kankakee and we tried to convince him to give us exact locations. Did he give us the locations? You'll have to attend the next meeting to find out. ;)

After discussing upcoming meetings and events the floor was given to Joseph Meyer. Joseph quickly pointed out that he already owned the floor but that it was good to have everyone's attention.

Joseph is a great speaker....informative and entertaining. Wader choices, wader repair and maintenance were discussed. Joseph also talked about the similarities between fly and spin fishing. I'd go into greater detail here but I think either topic would make a good newsletter article....perhaps in the future

Thanks again Joseph!

Don R

Guest One More Cast

Thanks for inviting me to my own shop! Nice to put some faces to the names I read here.

I could tell by the tweed jackets, crisply pressed pinpoint Oxford button down shirts, hand-tied bowties and Spectators that this is an extremely fastideous crowd. You could tell from my casting shirt and jeans that I do not excersize the same care with my wardrobe as the assembled.

I neglected to mention that after a day's fishing and you have taken off you boots and waders (BTW,it's done in that exact order, Don :lol: ) you might want to turn your waders inside out until they are dry. An occassional machine washing helps the breathability but carefully folding them especially along the same crease line is wholely unneccesssary. Once dry, wad 'em up and thow them in a wader bag so they don't snag on anything in your trunk.

It's bad enough that we traipse through briars brambles and barbed wire, no sense adding any rips, tears or punctures by not tossing waders into a duffle.

Joseph

Thanks for inviting me to my own shop! Nice to put some faces to the names I read here.

I could tell by the tweed jackets, crisply pressed pinpoint Oxford button down shirts, hand-tied bowties and Spectators that this is an extremely fastideous crowd. You could tell from my casting shirt and jeans that I do not excersize the same care with my wardrobe as the assembled.

I neglected to mention that after a day's fishing and you have taken off you boots and waders (BTW,it's done in that exact order, Don :lol: ) you might want to turn your waders inside out until they are dry. An occassional machine washing helps the breathability but carefully folding them especially along the same crease line is wholely unneccesssary. Once dry, wad 'em up and thow them in a wader bag so they don't snag on anything in your trunk.

It's bad enough that we traipse through briars brambles and barbed wire, no sense adding any rips, tears or punctures by not tossing waders into a duffle.

Joseph

Thanks again Joseph ;)

Nothing like a good hand-tied bowtie. HA

Joseph

Jim J. was the only one in the wardrobe you described, sorry I didn’t get him in the shots, but don’t lump the rest of us in with his crowd.

Thanks again for a great presentation, I see a new pair of Simms in my future.