This is what it is all about!

Jonn Graham

Just had to share this photo of young Garrett Taylor. Him, his father, and grandfather were all clients of mine this past Sunday on the Mackinaw. This photo is only one of the two big smallies this youngster caught. All on his own. I have never in my life seen a 10 year old fish like this kid. Skipping baits under trees, setting the hook like a champ, fishing a jig slow on the bottom, etc. I was blown away!

5080byq.jpg

The best part of that photo can't be seen but some people can realize it because they are well aware of it's implications. Yes, he is a young man and he is catching a beautiful Smallie. Most important part of the photo is that he represents the future of the ISA and of Smallmouth fishing all over Illinois. Every friend he shows that picture to will want to get out and do the same thing and when he does he will be hooked and will someday join the ISA and work to make Smallmouth fishing better. That young man may very well be the first president of the National Smallmouth Alliance.

The best part of that photo can't be seen but some people can realize it because they are well aware of it's implications. Yes, he is a young man and he is catching a beautiful Smallie. Most important part of the photo is that he represents the future of the ISA and of Smallmouth fishing all over Illinois. Every friend he shows that picture to will want to get out and do the same thing and when he does he will be hooked and will someday join the ISA and work to make Smallmouth fishing better. That young man may very well be the first president of the National Smallmouth Alliance.

That photo should make our bulletin, and maybe our website?

that says it all. we do what we do to make sure this will happen everyday to kids everywhere. How can you say that kid isn't hooked? He looks like one of those kids that never cracks a smile w/o a fish in hand. Good stuff Jonn. That's one trip you'll never forget, EVER!!! See you on the water! ;)

i'll start the captions...

"Ok, so dad's throwing a blue craw w/ black claws, but this fish has blue claws sticking out of it's throat-hole. {Jonn takes picture, perfect timing as always} I'll just slip this beauty back in the drink and act like nothing happened."{kid switches to black craw w/ blue pinchers and knocks the snot out of 'em}

That picture beings back fond memories, only wish mine contained pig smallies!!!

Trust me, that kid is hooked on smallmouths now! During our trip he was already talking to dad about coming back to the river in the very near future. In addition, that is only one of the two big smallies this youngster caught. here is the other.

5zd4zlg.jpg

And make no mistake, this boy catching two big smallies was no accident or luck. This 10 year old could fish like you would not believe. He was skipping baits back under trees and landing nearly every cast within inches of his target. It was unbelieavable.

Good photos all. I noticed you got the kid packing a third grip, good job.

My My Jonn, You've come a long way. Both those pics are centered. LoL Lookin forward to the middle of Oct.