Hello, just joined today

JeffD

Hello,

I'm glad to find such an active forum of smallmouth bass enthusiasts.

For a quick intro, I'm Jeff Douglas and live in Savoy IL. Due to having young kids I took a long break from smallmouth fishing, but after an excellent adventure fishing the Vermilion a few weeks ago, I'm all fired up about it again. For a few days I've been reading the forum and the ISA material, and finally decided to join. I look forward to meeting you folks someday.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeff, welcome aboard the smallie express! Keep an eye on the calendar and event boards. Attend an outing or conservation event and you'll meet plenty of quality individuals ...and some pretty decent fishers too ;)

Thanks guys. I guess I have much to learn as my experience with surfing turtles is rather limited and I have only encountered them a handful of times in Illinois bronzeback streams. I'll be looking forward to ISA events, but can't make the Oakwood event due to committments made before noticing it. In any case, it looks like a great organization. For many years I thought I was alone in my worship of Illinois streams and their relatively smallmouthed inhabitants.

Jeff great to have you aboard, to bad you cant make the outing Saturday. You would have made a welcome addition and gotten to meet some of our members.

Keep an eye on the calendar (located in the upper right corner), we will be starting our central winter meetings in November. You might even beable to hook up with Tim Smith to drive togeather.