Rivers of the ISA (Video)

Mike Clifford

The 4th in a series of ISA videos I've attempted.

Getting better, but still have room for improvement.

This is fun....but they take a hell of a long time to create, save and upload.

:lol:

Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Grab the headphones, kick back and relax as we take a journey across the Illinois landscape.

Very cool Mike, how long does it take you to put something like that together

Another excellent job Mike. I may have to bring over a six pack of Spotted Cow this winter so you can show me the video ropes.

I can see it now, Wastewater Treatment Plants of Illinois, but to what music? Barbra Streisand, no, AC/DC, no, Louise Armstrong, no, I’m going to have to give this some thought.

I can see it now, Wastewater Treatment Plants of Illinois, but to what music? Barbra Streisand, no, AC/DC, no, Louise Armstrong, no, I’m going to have to give this some thought.

Actually Britney Spears is Don's favorite. He sang her songs all last weekend, as well as Milli Vanilli.

Jonn- I posted a thread asking for Member photos, so that is what I had to work with.

Didn't care much for Googling for them.

Anyone can build a video around that....LOL

Hard to say, Tim.

Probably around 3-4 hours now that I know how.

Need to download the photos to a folder on my hard drive.

Limewire- for the background music (which is as aggravating and twitchy a program as they come...very time-consuming).

Audacity- if I need to edit the sound in any way.

RAD- if movies need to be added. Windows Movie Maker won't accept many digital camera formats. They need to be converted to AVI or similar. This also involves running it and walking away as it slows everything down to a crawl.

After it is all said and done, it was more "research" to figure out why things didn't work rather than "how" they did work.

Then downloading open source applications to do the work.

Of course, then running all my Adware and Spamware programs to clean the computer of malicious crap from those apps.

Then save the video to my computer (can take up to an hour, and mine is pretty fast).

Upload to a host (YouTube takes around 30 minutes to get it live).

I wanted a short clip of running water in this one, but my flows are too dirty to grab a quick photo, and trying to download one from the interweb required yet more crap applications via shareware.

Piece of cake!

:rolleyes:

Funny you should mention that. As I was out today, and no were near a crap plant mind you, I for some strange reason started thinking about a good crap plant song. All afternoon I was singing a version of the Boom Town Rats'.... Rat Trap.

Went something like this.... "It's a crap plant fishy, and you've been caught!" "Crap plant, you've been caught, at a crap plant.... you've been caught...."

:mellow:

The software that comes on an Apple computer, iPhoto and iMovie both do slideshows to music very easily. iMove gives a lot more control and lets you add video clips, & titles. I just did one as a memorial to my nephew who passed away last week. You are right though, converting them to a format that can be used on a DVD or on YouTube does take quite awhile.

WOW!

We need a couple of you computer/video composition sayve ISA guys to help out with TOSA.

Those streams look just like the northern streams of Ohio.

I'd sworn I fished, paddled and worked in several just like those.

GREAT WORK!!

Rick