BP folds!!

http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/849554.php?co...ontentId=832984

This was a nice surprise before I embark on a trip to NWT tomorrow.

Thank you to anyone who read my recent post regarding BP's previous plans to dump addition waste into lake Michigan. And a huge thanks to anyone who signed the petition. You can feel proud that what you did mattered. In a world where big oil companies rule the planet, the common man finally won a battle for the good of all.

That's just awesome.

Have a great week everyone!

Great news!

But, we need to watch our backs. These large companies arent known for giving up to easily.

The article in this months Midwest Fly Fisherman about the bad shape of the Great Lakes was a real eye opener for me. I had assumed, like most people, that everything was well and good in that system.

"The announcement follows weeks of uproar by environmentalists and politicians -- including Mayor Richard M. Daley and Senator Dick Durbin -- upset that the Indiana Department of Environmental Management approved BP's plan to dump 54 percent more ammonia and 35 percent more suspended solids into Lake Michigan."

Thanks for the heads up Jamie (the R). And thanksfor the tip on the petition. I guess a little political action can do a lot of good sometimes.

As others have said, however, it is far from over. I have to read up on the condition of the Lake and keep my guard up.

Enjoy your trip!