New to ISA

darin

I just signed up with ISA this month. I live in Morton. I took my first smallie fishing trip with Jonn Graham in June and caught my first smallie ever. A nice 17 incher. Now I am hooked, if you will pardon the pun. I never knew fishing on the Mack could be that much fun. I hope to be able to learn more about smallie fishing.

Anyone else live close by? Maybe we could meet up for some fishing and you could teach me a few things. I would really like to get my fly rod out and try that too.

Darin

Welcome aboard, Darin! Congrats on your new affliction. Luckily, I don't think there's a cure. Look at the top of the page and click on "calendar". If you want to learn smallies, a couple of outings with the states most dedicated smallie fishermen will do the trick. There's even a flyrodder outing coming up.

Also, ask questions here on the forum. Lots of guys willing to share years of knowledge. (Except for me. Since my knowledge is so limited, I'll just throw in some wise arse comments now and then.)

Yea, that's no bull. Jonn is a great teacher.

Welcome. Your first tip is that some streams just don't hold any smallmouth and are not worth fishing.

If you PM me, I can give you a short list.

Darin, you are right down my alley, as i live in washington. shoot me a pm if you are itching to get out, as i have no one to fish with. :( lol I couldn't agree more that Jonn knows his stuff.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Jonn does know his stuff. I am glad I went with him. I usually do get out by myself to fish unless I go to the Lake of the Ozarks for the weekend and fish with my dad. The outing this weekend sounds like fun. Where does everyone usually meet? Sounds like it will be nice and warm.

Darin, you are right down my alley, as i live in washington. shoot me a pm if you are itching to get out, as i have no one to fish with. :( lol I couldn't agree more that Jonn knows his stuff.

Sounds good Dana Lee. I usually fish alone myself. Shoot me a PM sometime as well.