Why Do We Fish?

From the MidCurrent blog comes the following article.

Be sure to visit the Costa Del Mar site it speaks of, click on Conservation and view the Trout Unlimited video "Why Do We Fish"?

Or follow this link:

http://www.costachannelc.com/videos/Conser...Why_Do_We_Fish/

A valid question that would offer many different answers if we were to ask it here.

So.....Why Do We Fish?

Costa Del Mar Launches Online Video Channel

Introduced at ICAST in Las Vegas last week, Costa Del Mar's "Channel C" hosts a variety of outdoors films that cover everything from surfing in the Galapagos to Nile crocodiles to Rick Murphy tarpon fishing in the Florida Keys. Of course Costa wants the wider audience, so you'll find only nominal amount of fly fishing here, but I have to say the platform looks nice. Check out the Trout Unlimited video in the Conservation tab for a little inspiration. Also check out the 1946 footage of lift-pole tuna fishing off of the Galapagos, in the years before long-lining became the commercial fisherman's dream.

From the MidCurrent blog comes the following article.

Be sure to visit the Costa Del Mar site it speaks of, click on Conservation and view the Trout Unlimited video "Why Do We Fish"?

Or follow this link:

http://www.costachannelc.com/videos/Conser...Why_Do_We_Fish/

A valid question that would offer many different answers if we were to ask it here.

So.....Why Do We Fish?

So.....Why Do We Fish?

Mike,

Good question. TU's response,"Because we can" is already overworked. Their video was not bad considering the source. It points out the schizophrenic nature of their sport. They go out to escape the rat race and enjoy peace, solitude, and the beauty of nature. (OK that line is overworked too.) But the experience is not complete without the head banging adrenaline rush of hooking and landing a fish. (Note, I would like it better without the Heavy Metal stick.)

The reason I fish keeps on changing. When I started, I used bait hoping to catch a lot of big fish and hear my father rave about how good they tasted when Mom cooked them. Today I am more after the challenge and satiafaction of catching fish on flies that I tied myself.

(PS, that is big fish with "Ode to Joy" wailing in the background-Full Chorus, Heavy Strings, Woodwinds, and Brass.)