Pasite Clips Revisited: What We have been Missing

Mike G

A friend from work recently returned from a week up North, with glowing reports on how great some Parasite Clips he picked up at BassPro were. On soft plastics, they provide better hookups and fewer lost baits. This confirms previous reports here.

However, there is more. Ever since you owned a tackle box, you have probably had an equally good device in your box.

As a reminder here is the 28 cent clip.

96787.jpg

Rigging:

96829.jpg

Ironically, the April issue of a magazine, which he loaned me a while back, had a tip on using the following 8 cent device to achieve the same effect.

Ready for the new device?

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

<

481-440-01.jpg

Questions?

So the swivel would go under the bullet weight, in place of the Parasite clip?

Only problem I have with it is certain baits that I don't want twirling around in the water.

Ever seen a crawdad spinning as it swims by?

Neither has a bass.

Worms?

Worth a look.

OR- maybe a little dab of super-glue to keep it from "swiveling"?

I haven't used the clips much but I have used the weights and tear the nose of the bait on every fish without fail, I'm back to the bobberstop and bullet weight.

Nick,

A friend who uses both the parasite weights and the clips said the same thing about the nose tearing loose. Never the less he keeps using them because he prefers to risk the tear which he can fix later with a candle or lighter over having the bait gob up in the hook bend and prevent the point from catching in the fish.

I get around the problem by using keeper hooks. The keeper pull out of the nose. Most of the time the bait slides up the line completely out of the way. Land the fish and put the keeper back in the nose of the bait.;)