24" Smallie (Utah Record?)

Mike Clifford

The forced perspective does make it look big. Notice how his fist looks as big as his head.

Sadly, the only way it could become a state record is that it had to die.

There was a picture of a little girl next to a largemouth bass she had caught in our local paper the other day. The fish was being held by dad (only his hand was visible) with the girl standing behind. The fish looked as long as she was. I don't think it was 3 feet long!

Anyone ever catch a 24" smallmouth??

Damn, I'm still working towards my first 20"......LOL

Yep. I have a photo with the same arm angle. She was a post spawn 5# fish from Basswood Lake, Ont. #4 Mickey Fin Streamer, HCF (WF7F) Rod and Line.

Those were the good old days.

Mike

Agreed. The reach is an evil that I see WAYY too often. That's why i like the muskie guys for photos. You can't "reach shoot" a 50" muskie. If anyone would like some tips on how to shoot a great photo that will compliment both you and the fish, drop me a PM. (I think I already posted those tips a while ago)

ON a personal note, I've got a few over 20 and one...let's just say north-of-twenty :rolleyes: that I have published with a simple "20+" label.

Agreed. The reach is an evil that I see WAYY too often. That's why i like the muskie guys for photos. You can't "reach shoot" a 50" muskie. If anyone would like some tips on how to shoot a great photo that will compliment both you and the fish, drop me a PM. (I think I already posted those tips a while ago)

ON a personal note, I've got a few over 20 and one...let's just say north-of-twenty :rolleyes: that I have published with a simple "20+" label.

A muskie can be held to make it look longer---

hold it verticle,

fish head positioned closer to the persons body,

with the tail end held "out" and toward the camera.

a 35"r can be made to appear, like its a 40"r