New Guy Here

Matt

Hello everyone,

I just found this site, I wish I found it along time ago! I do alot of fly/jig tying and love fishing for Smallmouths. I live in Palatine and try to go fishing whenever I have free time. I'm kind of embarrassed to say, but I hardly ever fish the local rivers. I don't even know where to begin. I usually can be found fishing in Northern Wisconsin, and Southern Illinois. This year is like to start hitting some areas closer to home (Fox,Salt Creek, Kankakee). Id also really like to start networking with other anglers and help out with anything I can.

Thanks

Welcome to the ISA, Matt.

I take it you've officially joined so you can start receiving our bi-monthly newsletter and the numerous other perks of being an ISA member?

Glad to have ya aboard!

Be sure to take special notice of the Calendar link in the upper right corner.

You'll see there is something going on at all times.

Pick and choose from the activities that interest you most.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,

Rich, I hope I can add a few to the mix too!

John, yes I'm too spoiled up north, been really lucky the past few years. However, this year I caught a nice Smallie down at Lake Clinton, my biggest in Illinois so far.

Mike, you betcha, I'm a member!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,

Rich, I hope I can add a few to the mix too!

John, yes I'm too spoiled up north, been really lucky the past few years. However, this year I caught a nice Smallie down at Lake Clinton, my biggest in Illinois so far.

Mike, you betcha, I'm a member!

On Lake Clinton????????? Cool!

This is the first I have heard of someone catching a smallie on the lake. Were you fly fishing?

On Lake Clinton????????? Cool!

This is the first I have heard of someone catching a smallie on the lake. Were you fly fishing?

Nope, was actually pounding the shore with crankbaits. I couldn't believe it either, when I went home I read a report that they are in there, very limited though.

Jim - Thanks!