Bohemian Chenille Plate 1

Mike G

Some of the people who bought the chenille assortments I am selling are just getting into tying. I Pormised to put up a few pictures on how we use it. I hope this inspires others to share their inventions and discoveries.

18698.jpg

Row 1: The long worm is 5" long.

Row 2: Adding a foam tab gives some action and floats the grub's tail up.

Row 3: Hula Grub and Tube?

Row 4: Furled Grubs. Furling slightly increases bulk and stiffens the worm.

Row 5: 6" diving slug. The bulky tail is a braid of three pieces of chenille. The eva foam diving head is an interesting alternative to spinning a Dahlberg head.

Guest rich mc

boy mike have you been busy. instead of adding foam to float the tail try using clear silicone to coat the tail section or add gink dry fly floatant before use. rich

Lot's of nice looking stuff, Mike! Looks like the Fly Fishing answer to the Senko!

Thanks Jude,

I know it is the answer to the rubber worm and maybe the grub. I am not sure about the Senko because the Bohemian material is very flexible. Part of the genius of the Sluggo and Senko is that they are inflexible and display a meandering, eratic movement under water as they sink on a semi slack line with an occasional optional twitch. So, while I can make a fly that looks like a Senko with this material, I am not sure how to get it to behave like a Senko. Someone said, "Bass do not take a fly because of how it looks; they take it because of how it acts."

Guest rich mc

iwas working on a wacky rigged bohemiann worm. using 17lb test i tied it across the shank , then wrapped the chenille around the line . still need to work it out better.

another idea was to run a 3inch leader off the eye with a loop end. wrap the chennile on the hook and continue up the line. now to find time to work on it. rich