Need info on the Kishwaukee river...

SmallieJonze

I'm thinking about going out to "fish the kish" sometime within the next couple weeks. Could you guys help me out with some info on the river....like put-ins and take-outs, good areas to fish, directions and parking, etc... I've never been on it and would greatly appreciate some help. Send PM's if you have to. Actually, I've got room in the canoe for one more if anyone's interested in going. Let me know...

I'm closer to the northern section, but I'm not opposed to going towards Dekalb.

Thanks in advance!

B)

JS

If you go during the weekend, go early or stay upstream of Cherry Valley. Lots of tubers this time of year. Putting in at Belvidere (there's a canoe launch on Stone Quarry Road, just N. of Newburg Road) and floating to Distillery Road Park is a decent weekend trip. Not many people. How much time do you plan to spend? Look for a PM.

If you go during the weekend, go early or stay upstream of Cherry Valley. Lots of tubers this time of year. Putting in at Belvidere (there's a canoe launch on Stone Quarry Road, just N. of Newburg Road) and floating to Distillery Road Park is a decent weekend trip. Not many people. How much time do you plan to spend? Look for a PM.

I just sent you a PM without lokoing at this first. Thanks!

I could spend anywhere from 4 hours to a whole day depending on the day. I prefer weekdays. My wife and I are expecting our second baby so I don't have much free time on my hands. Definately not enough to spend a weekend. Maybe next year, though.