Dragonfly!

Michael T

For the last week or so, I've notice MANY more dragonflies zooming around the backyard than previous years. I don't mean 2 or 3, but a dozen or more. Then the cicadas buzz by every now and then like a stubby B2. Anyone else notice an increase in dragonfly numbers? I never need an excuse to throw a hopper pattern, but I need to check the fly boxes to check my stock.

Mr. Kast is correct! While working around the house, I've been blasting SIRIUS The Vault digital radio which plays hard and progressive rock from the 60's and 70's. I was a big Mahogany Rush fan in my ill-spent youth. Every time I see a dragonfly I "hear" their tune.

I never got to see them.

Same here Gordon! I've held onto my basses: Fender Precission early-to-mid-70's, Kramer aluminum neck and bought it fretless...so sweet a sound but had to put frets on (long story), and being a Black Sabbath fanatic I found a Dan Armstrong where the body is made from lucite. I've also held onto an amplifier from the Canadian company Traynor. Vaccum tube amp with a clunky metal on/off switch and a two prong electrical cable. I'm positive it's from the 60's. It's so poorly grounded that it has that 60-cycle hum.....almost as quaint as the snap-crackle of an LP on a turntable.