Quillbacks..

kevin summers

So let me start by saying I have not been out on the Fox Fishing yet this season. I'm sick of highwater and rain been working around it all spring and I must be getting old because I don't really feel the need to dabble or fish in the chocolate milk. My observation the other day was there are a lot of quillbacks heading into the creeks and If my memory stands correct they are usually ahead of the smallies coming into the creek before spawn. Just wondering what everybody else thinks of this years spawn and when you think the river will actually drop. I had a week scheduled for the UP this week for pre spawn bass but the river is too high and fast for getting around.. Timing is everything

The one Fox creek I  routinely visit had quillbacks spawning two weeks prior to last Friday. Last Friday the quillbacks were gone and I picked up two smallies at the mouth of the creek with a swimbait and 5-inch Producto grub. I'll assume the smallies were ready to make the move soon for the spawn.

On 5/18/2019 at 4:44 PM, kevin summers said:

So let me start by saying I have not been out on the Fox Fishing yet this season. I'm sick of highwater and rain been working around it all spring and I must be getting old because I don't really feel the need to dabble or fish in the chocolate milk. My observation the other day was there are a lot of quillbacks heading into the creeks and If my memory stands correct they are usually ahead of the smallies coming into the creek before spawn. Just wondering what everybody else thinks of this years spawn and when you think the river will actually drop. I had a week scheduled for the UP this week for pre spawn bass but the river is too high and fast for getting around.. Timing is everything

I talked to the guy who runs the resort/motel we stay at and as of yesterday he had one small remaining pile of snow.  He is right on the border in Lac view desert.  two people I talked to said fishing has been very slow.