Terrafin Wet Wade boot

John Gillio

John, these boots are great.  I've used them for 2 years with waders and wet wading. Traction is great on slippery, moss laden rocky river bottoms.  Drys quickly, very durable and extremely comfortable.  Try Amazon, I got a good deal.

22 minutes ago, Mark K said:

What makes them a "wet wading" boot?

Base on the first page of reviews several people upsized to accommodate their waders. It's been my experience that most wading boots are designed to accommodate both the neoprene bootie and a wool/thicker sock but you order your regular size. Most 'wet  wading' shoes/boats are sized for only a thinner sock or thinner neoprene sock still  or no sock while still ordering your regular size. JMO (opinion or observation).

Those look pretty slick John, thanks. While I appreciate wading boots and the whole boot aspect (stiffer, more support protect the ankle etc.) there are times I wish I had something exactly like this; either for wet wading or wading a stream where  a more robust boot isn't necessary.

Jim, did you upsize?

I upsized on accident.  I typically wear a size 13 and ordered a size 13.  These boots were larger than a typical 13 shoe.  They worked well with my White Water neoprene sock waders.  For wet wading I just tightened them down and they worked great.  The insole of my boots  are "tacky", no slipping in the boot at all and great ankle support.  Hope this helps.  Really good product.

I used to have these:

https://www.orvis.com/p/wet-wading-shoe/28xa

They were terrific....so naturally they got discontinued. :-(  !@#$

Since...I have been using a Simms bootie in regular wading boots, I have narrow feet and they don't fit me well and beet the crap out of my toes, but other than that they worked if you have normal feet they would have worked fine.  Since then I just used a  Columbia hiking boot with the bootie and that was kind of slippery on slimy rocks, but really comfortable- other than neoprene in summer.. I was thinking about screwing sheet metal screws in the sole for a better grip. That works for running shoes on ice.

On 12/18/2018 at 3:10 PM, Jim Confer said:

I upsized on accident.  I typically wear a size 13 and ordered a size 13.  These boots were larger than a typical 13 shoe.  They worked well with my White Water neoprene sock waders.  For wet wading I just tightened them down and they worked great.  The insole of my boots  are "tacky", no slipping in the boot at all and great ankle support.  Hope this helps.  Really good product.

Thanks for the info. I'm a 13 also.  Mmm.... I guess order 12 and 13 and send one back. So far all my wading boots have been 13's and fit great with waders and wool socks. Too loose to for wet wading even with simms wet wade sock and tightening down.

On 12/19/2018 at 1:07 PM, Mark K said:

I used to have these:

https://www.orvis.com/p/wet-wading-shoe/28xa

They were terrific....so naturally they got discontinued. 😞 !@#$

Since...I have been using a Simms bootie in regular wading boots, I have narrow feet and they don't fit me well and beet the crap out of my toes, but other than that they worked if you have normal feet they would have worked fine.  Since then I just used a  Columbia hiking boot with the bootie and that was kind of slippery on slimy rocks, but really comfortable- other than neoprene in summer.. I was thinking about screwing sheet metal screws in the sole for a better grip. That works for running shoes on ice.

Sheet metal screws should work, that's essentially what they give you as "studs" with wading boots.