Wisconsin Stream Maps

Russ S

For those who fish Wisconsin you might be interested in the following. A friend sent me an article that appeared in the outdoors section of the Wisconsin State Journal and Capital Times. A gentleman by the name of Profeesor Howard Higbee, Penn State, compiled a detailed map of Wisconsins streams, which was completed in 1965. For some technical reason the maps could not be reproduced until @1991, thanks to computer technology. The advertisement reports the map has 30,000 miles of streams plus lakes, which are not named.

The maps which are 4'x4'are now for sale at $28.29 for either a rolled or folded map and $49.39 for a laminated map. I have not seen the map so I cannot offer any comment, but thought the information might be worth passing along.

If anyone is interested the map is "Stream Map of Wisconsin." It can be ordered by calling 1-800-859-7902 or mailing to: NIE/MAP

Capital Newspapers

PO Box 8056

Madison, WI 53708

For those who fish Wisconsin you might be interested in the following. A friend sent me an article that appeared in the outdoors section of the Wisconsin State Journal and Capital Times. A gentleman by the name of Profeesor Howard Higbee, Penn State, compiled a detailed map of Wisconsins streams, which was completed in 1965. For some technical reason the maps could not be reproduced until @1991, thanks to computer technology. The advertisement reports the map has 30,000 miles of streams plus lakes, which are not named.

The maps which are 4'x4'are now for sale at $28.29 for either a rolled or folded map and $49.39 for a laminated map. I have not seen the map so I cannot offer any comment, but thought the information might be worth passing along.

If anyone is interested the map is "Stream Map of Wisconsin." It can be ordered by calling 1-800-859-7902 or mailing to: NIE/MAP

Capital Newspapers

PO Box 8056

Madison, WI 53708

Here is a quick review.

I have had one on the den wall for about 3-4 years since I got it as a present. It is a simple black and white map with streams traced in black. No roads or towns. As you can imagine the scale is minuscule in order to get the whole state on one panel. It is decorative, but it really will not help you find a hot spot. This would be an ideal present for one who is head over heals in love with Cheeseland.