Wet wading

SmallieJonze

If you go with the quick dry stuff , which is great stuff indeed , wear a pair if heavy boot socks . You can tuck the pants in the socks and your feet will appreciate the extra layer of padding .

The socks also help take up some of the extra room you allowed for in your boots for the stocking foot waders . It beats the heck out of blisters 3/4 of a mile from the car due to the boots sliding all over your feet .

I have tried everything from jeans to sweats to gym shorts for wet wading and all have had thier shortcomings . You should buy the shirt as well as the pants . When it gets hot you can dip it in the river and get cooler as it drys and you won't have a heavy wet tee shirt half the day .

If they have come up with quick dry bvds , I haven't found them yet . Bring a towel to sit on when moving from spot to spot saves a wet seat on the ride home .

Guest Don R
If they have come up with quick dry bvds , I haven't found them yet . Bring a towel to sit on when moving from spot to spot saves a wet seat on the ride home .

They have them. I own a couple pair. I bought mine at REI in Oakbrook. Of course...that doesn't help you down there.

I'm sure not going to help matters but I'll put 2 cents in to make a few bucks (Irish Euphanism)

I wet wade, some times in shorts, other times in old khakis. I'm a risk taker and say it like this

"Life is a risk you take every morning you choose to get out of bed". Heck, the office air is killing me,

the hydro carbon emissions in traffic are killing me, the chew is killing me, I might as well enjoy something

that's potentially damaging.

I know the KKK is pretty safe, big cats though, Gar possibly. I will wear the waders until I have to peel them

off of me. I have wet waded the DuPage but think better of not doing it now so I keep the waders. I don't

exactly consult my horoscope before I go out!

They have them. I own a couple pair. I bought mine at REI in Oakbrook. Of course...that doesn't help you down there.

Don, what is the brand name on the qwik dry undies?

I usually dont get in that deep but on occasion it happens. :blink:

Guest Don R

Ex-Officio or REI brand. They are mostly nylon with a bit of spandex or polyester. And yes, they do help the drying process. Even if you don't plan on wet wading I recommend them for canoe trips as an undergarment. I've seen way too many scout troops and others with their wet jeans hanging on a line in 50 degree damp air (let's do the math...that takes ......, forever to dry). The 100% nylon pants dry very quickly and don't let the nylon fool you...it breathes just fine.

Expect to pay a bit more for the nylon briefs.....but they have outlasted others by far.

Do they melt easily, or do they hold up well to flatulence?

Jim if you thought that comment was going to draw me into this conversation, nice try, I’m staying out of this one. :blink:

Jim if you thought that comment was going to draw me into this conversation, nice try, I’m staying out of this one. :blink:

And hopefully upwind of Don perchance ?