worm material

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

'we all know of the bohemian chennile. stan mentioned to me "rat tail ' from edgewater company.has anyone else heard of it? time to check the web if its listed. rich

'we all know of the bohemian chennile. stan mentioned to me "rat tail ' from edgewater company.has anyone else heard of it? time to check the web if its listed. rich

Rat tail is a "chenille", I guess you would call it, that tapers from larger to smaller. Edgewater makes a fly that is a combination of a foam head fashioned in a slider configuration. Then you attach the rattail material to taper from about 1/2" diameter at the back of the head to the tail (about 1/8"). All together, about 5"-6" long. Not sure of all the color offerings.

Rich,

Edgewater is the company. I have the catalog which features mostly foam heads for flies along with finished flies and the rat tail you are asking about. The catalog took me a while to get and I never found a web site for the company. That is very unusual these days. As mentioned it looks like a piece of tapered chenille. I will check the price if you want to know.

I checked anyway they want $3.50 + shipping for 6 tails. edgewaterflies@aol.com 801-825-8982