July 28 Float- altered

I am in the final stages of determing where, when etcc for the float on Saturday. 

Originally it was intended for the Mazon. Evidently that is the only area in the state that has not seen rain, because it is at the lowest Ive seen it. It is about half of what it was when we floated it on the 12th and we had to drag then.

We are making a determination of either relocating to the lower Dupage River or the Fox River. I will confere with Bart NLT Thursday and advise.

Either way, please respond to me via PM if you still have an interest before we set it up.

Thanks and I hope it works for all.

ok, There were several of you that PM'd me with interst. Thanks for the response

We should meet at the Seil Road Park in Shorewood around 7-7:15. 

We can then set up shuttles.

SHORT TRIP: Siel Rd to Shepley Rd (about 4-5 hours)

LONG TRIP: Siel Rd to McEvily Rd. (about 5-7 hours)

Hope to see everyone there

GPS Link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Seil+Rd,+Shorewood,+IL+60404/@41.5073681,-88.2093825,220m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x880e89877c6b211d:0x9b99bf87dab17f4c!8m2!3d41.5070914!4d-88.2005412?hl=en&authuser=0

image.png

Short Trip:

looks like perfect conditions for tomorrow's float, looking forward to seeing everyone at Seil Rd park around 7 am to set up shuttle.  Don't forget your topwater lures! Let us know if any questions or need help.  Bring plenty of water, a snack , sunscreen, sunglasses hat and fishing gear!

6 ISA members showed up, everybody caught fish. I don’t have an official count but 10-20 each I think is close. Bart had a 19 and Sean Leheney had an 18. Floating  algae was annoying so topwaters were used. I got most of my fish on a weightless Senko. Pictures will be in the E newsletter coming out in a few days. 

I wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome,  I had a great time out there with you guys. Having never fished that stretch before, I really took it all in and enjoyed the comradery. I look forward to future events and will do what I can to help out with the club. 

Thanks,

Sure, actually three.

Over the last few years I’ve been splitting my time between the lake I live on, the ranch in canton and some creek and float fishing with Jonn and occasionally with eric on the Fox.