Booby flies

Does anyone know where to buy these? Has anyone used these?  I'm trying out a floating 1" tube behind a carolina rig. Fishing a booby fly behind a sinking line ends up about the same. If the tube works I'll try the booby. I know this is sloppy but if I get into a bunch of fish I might squeeze  one of those adhesive strike indicators to a streamer. Doesn't look too hard to tie. Thanks

Google Booby Fly, and like magic you will get all the info you need.  From the images that come up it looks like, you replace the hour glass lead eye with a section of cylindrical foam and, if you like, paint eyes on the ends. I see all kinds of patterns, streamers, buggers, bunnies... mostly using marabou wings and tails. Hats off to you as casting a sinking line is not for the faint of heart. 

1 hour ago, rich mc said:

or you can try a floating jighead. the phelps floaters have been used as a topwater flyby adding legs and a tail.

Tried some floating jig heads smallest I found was size 6  I might turn them into topwaters. Good idea. 

17 minutes ago, Mike G said:

Google Booby Fly, and like magic you will get all the info you need.  From the images that come up it looks like, you replace the hour glass lead eye with a section of cylindrical foam and, if you like, paint eyes on the ends. I see all kinds of patterns, streamers, buggers, bunnies... mostly using marabou wings and tails. Hats off to you as casting a sinking line is not for the faint of heart. 

Haven’t fooled with a sinking line but might end up there if I keep fishing lakes for bass and trout. I’ve worked in pieces of lead core to my leader.  Don’t cringe but a foating fly behind a light Carolina rig might work.  All this trout stuff I do with spinning tackle eventually leads into fishing with fly tackle. There’s a reason these guys use fly tackle for trout it seems  

I was hoping someone sold some or used them locally. Just being lazy. Thanks for the encouragement.