Fox Kayak Trip May 12th

Hello Fello Kayakers, 

This event has been on the calendar for some time and it's almost here. Hopefully you've seen it.

Depending on the weather and turn out, I have a couple route options. A long and short trip potentials.

We will start at either downtown Aurora or Montgomery Dam to Oswego or Saw Wee Kee.

Please let me know if you are planning on attending so I can plan accordingly. I'll be keeping an eye on the weather and the levels with the impending rain coming our way. Cross your fingers

yup..it has been on the calendar for a month. I don't think people say it on the calendar that was entered. I'm not too worried, we can always make another date.

Hi, 

Brand new member - I'd love to join if you guys have the patience for a newbie out there.  I've got a Radar 135 kayak, PFD, and i think everything else i need ?  

I've spent some time in a kayak before, but not fishing from one, and not on a river ?

Most of my fishing experience is on a larger inland lakes fishing for strippers with live bait so i'm looking forward to some new challenges.

Thanks
David

17 hours ago, Frank said:

Are the fish starting to bed in that stretch of the river? Fished a river last Sunday a there were smallies on beds!

Truethfully, I have not been on the river yet. I will do a drive by today and see how its doing.

14 hours ago, David Alan said:

Hi, 

Brand new member - I'd love to join if you guys have the patience for a newbie out there.  I've got a Radar 135 kayak, PFD, and i think everything else i need ?  

I've spent some time in a kayak before, but not fishing from one, and not on a river ?

Most of my fishing experience is on a larger inland lakes fishing for strippers with live bait so i'm looking forward to some new challenges.

Thanks
David

Love to have you. The river can be a bit more challenging, I have gotten to like it better than lake. 

I'll keep everyone posted up to the date. Looks like we have several bouts of rain challenges coming our wayover the next couple days and Saturday appears right now to be a potential washout. Lets hope for a clearing.

This is the latest weather forecast for the area we will be in the morning.

I am inclined to reschedule. I do not mind a little drizzle, but I do mind lightning and there are chances of rain, lightening and thunderstorms. I want it to fun, but also safe.

If this trend continues by 5pm, I'm calling it and rescheduling. Stay tuned

image.png

Sorry Guys

I was really looking forward to this event, but I am cancelling it.

I will look at the calendar and schedule another one very soon.