Hello all! 

I'm Kris and I recently moved to Shorewood IL near Hammel woods. I haven't fished for years since I was a teenager and  found myself wanting to fish again.  a quick Google search on fishing the dupage river led me to a post on fishthefox.com about smallmouth fishing on the local rivers. I had never caught a smallmouth before, so I poured through everything I could find on fishing for them and led me here. I've been lurking on the site and decided to  order some darters and give it a go. 

So on April 20th I stopped at the "dupe", as I've learned to call it, looked for an eddy with what I've learned from everyones posts and tried to slowly work it through it. my 2nd cast, fish on, my heart was racing like mad, it was close to shore and didn't take but a minute to land my first smallmouth ever and at 15" I was pumped. I let her go and went home Haha on cloud nine the adrenaline and dopamine still coursing through me from it all. 

Anyway thanks to everyone and I look forward to more and more 

20180420_175317.jpg