Black Stealth Cougar

Are Stealth Cougars addictive? Something made me do it. In a whole bag of Guinea I found just two that were right for the job. BTW I am beginning to think that the White one is a good snowflake imitation.

26648009737_255fb93f92_c.jpgBlackStCougarsv by Michael Gerharz, on Flickr

27647217908_84793b4511_c.jpgBlackStCougar3 by Michael Gerharz, on Flickr

Lately I've seen some tiers tied these divers on 60 or 90 degree jig hooks.  I wonder if that helps the fly dives better and get more action than on straight eye hook.

Rich, does this look familiar? Brushing the eyelash yarn with a steel brush sounds like a good idea.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:52 AM, rich mc said:

i can see furled tail and body of eyelash yarn  under the foam head

Rich,

after fasting and abstaining from no-alcoholic drink, I got the same vision you had. Substitute an eyelash leech for the complex Zoo Cougar body. Brilliant!

Tom

Enlightening! I never knew you could fluff up eyelash like that. Now I hope I can find my old suede brush. The blue shoes are long gone. If I don't find the brush, I will use rich's trick.

Mike's trick: when wrapping eyelash on a body, I keep a cup of water near the vise. I constantly wet the fingers of my off hand and stroke the fibers up and back to avoid overwraps. Flies usually look great when they dry though you can primp and groom more. Where can I get a tiny hair dryer?