Damaged Smallmouth Sign - Fabyan Woods

One of my accounts is across the road from the Fabyan Woods Preserve in Geneva. I took my lunch break in the parking lot the other day and noticed that the yellow Smallmouth sign right next to the boat ramp has been damaged. Who is responsible for installation of new signs?

-Forrest

Unfortunately there are a lot of damaged/missing signs. Based on the last sign postings I have to wonder how long these will last... not trying to be negative... more realistic if anything. People rip them down as soon as they see a new one up just to spite the organization.

Yeah that happens, that's why we replace the missing and broken ones every other year or so. From my experience, except for a few spots, the signs for the most part are left alone. Some years ago, we used signs made of a different material that were not durable at all. Most of those broke up on their own and were replaced already. Just because some are removed, we aren't going to stop trying to educate the public on the importance of catch and release. In the last 17 years since I assisted in installing the first signs, I've spoken to dozens of people while putting up signs who thank us and recognize the importance of the signs.

Yeah I understand. Just frustrating... as all we are trying to do is educate. Be nice if we could get the signs inside the forest preserve kiosks at those locations that have them. Then it's actually a crime/vandalism if someone wants to break in to remove it.