Sub-surface ISA Fly Swap - Due March 31, 2014

Forrest Miller

The Spy Flies are on the way. Two things old , two things new, one thing borrowed, nothing blue.

The two old things are Lefty's Red and White color scheme and the Pistol Pete Prop; the two new things are materials - Gilt Eyelash and Monkey Shag; the borrowed item is Tom's substitution of CF for Marabou; no blue.

DSCF1781.jpg

I am adding a bonus B-fluke Body that, tiers can finish off by attaching to a hook of choice. I recommend a 30-60 deg or an offset worm hook. I get best results by tying the Fluke right behind the eye of the hook and then folding back to rig Texas style. Enjoy.

DSCF1770.jpg

[ing]

DSCF1772.jpghttp://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o46/MikeG742/2014/DSCF1772.jpg]

DSCF1778.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My set will go into the mail today. I tied these up last night:

P3280043_zps3dc17b73.jpg

P3280042_zps185dc55d.jpg

I think they turned out well. It's a basic pattern that only takes about 5-8 minutes per fly. I tied them on #4 TMC 200R hooks. Pine squirrel zonkers, copper ribbing, cone head and sparkle braid. Very simple, but effective, especially in deeper water or faster currents.

Colt

Good news gentlemen! With the arrival of Colt's Flies today I am happy to tell you that all sets of flies made it to my house by the deadline! I have toe tagged a couple sets that did not arrive tagged and I will work on sorting them out this evening. My plans are to have them in the mail back to you no later than Wednesday, but hopefully I can make it to the post office tomorrow afternoon. I will also post a group shot here in a little while. I can't wait to toss these flies!

One very happy swapmiester...

-Forrest

Alright guys, I finally have a couple minutes to post here the pics that I took during/after sorting the flies.

During the sort!

IMGP1344.JPG

A nice little group shot!

IMGP1349.JPG

Thanks again each of you for being on time with the flies. That makes life alot better for all of us. Also, a special thanks to those of you who sent extra materials and/or extra flies. I can assure you these will be used. I will be dropping the flies off at the post office before they close today. I would assume those of you who are closer to me will see these no later than Thursday, others probably by Friday/Saturday. Please let me know when you get your flies. I will then put "Got 'em" next to your name on the first post.

-Forrest

Hope they arrive by this Saturday afternoon, as I'm heading over to the Indiana Smallmouth Alliance annual banquet. We've been asked to set up an exhibition table for fly tyers and fly fishermen and would enjoy showing off that fine set of flies.

I dropped these off at the post office in Yorkville IL around 2pm yesterday. I chose Yorkville instead of Oswego because it is a larger post office and I figured they had a better chance of getting on their way back to you guys.

-Forrest

I'm impressed! The flies look great and the post office delivered them in less than 48 hrs. The flies were waiting on the counter when I got home from work yesterday. Very nice job everyone. Can't wait to get out and give them a try.

I should check in. Mine came a few days ago. They all look great and will go in my box right away. Make a note to collect a set or two from every swap for the Blow Out.