Sub-surface ISA Fly Swap - Due March 31, 2014

Forrest Miller

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since no one else is tying a clouser put me down for a clouser. I've been working on several subsurface flies over the past couple weeks that have turned out good. Haven't tested them so I'll keep it simple this time around.

Since no one else is tying a clouser put me down for a clouser. I've been working on several subsurface flies over the past couple weeks that have turned out good. Haven't tested them so I'll keep it simple this time around.

Great, Tim. It would not be Smallmouth w/o a Clouser. The R/W I am doing covers Lefty, and there's a Holschlag. All is right in SM Land.

OK guys, thanks for joining! I have updated the list. I'm still trying to decide what I want to tie. We still have 6 spots open, so who else would like to join?

-Forrest

Forrest,

It looks like you are still on the fence. May I suggest a Spinner'd Minner. Push the envelop a bit.

Forrest,

Think about whether you want your address out in public view where any guest can take and use it for who knows what. A PM to the participants gives you more privacy.

My flies are done. Where do we send them? I actually finished them last week.

1 gold star for being first. And one for being early.

Well, I have finally decided on a fly. I am going to tie the TeQueely! I stopped in at Orvis at Yorktown this week and was talking to Nick. He said that he always keeps this fly with him when fishing for Smallies or even big browns.

-Forrest

Hey fellas. Just wanted to let you know that I have been busy getting ready for a trip to the driftless area this weekend. I've been tying leeches, midges, scuds and other bead head nymphs (pink squirrels and etc.) and I just finished building a Sage TXL 0wt.

In short, I will be starting my flies upon my return on Monday, March 25th, and I will have them in the mail by Friday, March 28th. Things are starting to get busy for me!

Cheers,

Colt

P.S. http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11647